Problem solved! Well, sort of.

Lauren stood for at least five minutes awkwardly at his door, trying desperately to find something to say. 

"Your father's a jerk" Lauren finally managed. Erik quirked a brow at her.

"Um, I know" he said, "lived with the guy for fifteen years, remember?"

"Sorry" Lauren mumbled, embaressed. Erik sighed.

"It's ok, I probably wouldn't know what to say either. You can't really find much comfort in; my fathers kicking me out of the house, with no where else to go because he's an inconsiderate ass who hates my guts" he muttered.

"You could always stay at mine" Lauren offered, "I know it's not perfect, but you wouldn't have to transfer schools and stuff and you'd have somewhere to live at least."

"Not perfect? Gosh, that'll be such a change" Erik said sarcastically and then felt insantly guilty. "I'm sorry" he said again. He shook himself then and looked up at Lauren. "Staying at your house would be really great, thank you, Lauren" Erik said and even tried for a sliver of a smile. 

And then suddenly  a scared expression crossed his face which disturbingly reminded Lauren of a very scared and vunerable little child. It brought her chills. 

"Erik?" Lauren asked cautiously, "what's wrong?"

"Are you.....are you sure?" Erik whispered.

"Sure about what, honey?" Lauren asked both confused and slightly nervous. 

"About....about me living at yours" he mumbled.

"I'm positive" Lauren replied and walked over to take Erik's hand to give it a small squeeze. 

"Thank you" he said gratefully and then, "sometimes......sometimes I don't know quite where I'd be without you, Lauren." The way he looked at her made Lauren's heart squeeze. But now wasn't the time. 

First she had to convince her parents to let Erik live with them.

Ah.