Save me from reality (Niall Horan fanfic)

"I can not wait too see them!" I squeaked into my friend's telephone speaker. She just laughed at my obviously excited demeanour.

"Oh gosh they're just people Emma, calm down." she responded in a flat tone.

At this reply I frowned because for a moment, I forgot. She didn't understand. She never would. She was never in love with a band as much as I was, she never knew what it felt like dreaming about them and being unable to keep them off your mind even when you tried so hard to concentrate. When you really needed to sleep, but you knew this was more important to you, waiting for a music video or a song to come out. Coming to school dead tired the next day, people asking you why you looked so tired but they did not understand.  It was the same with my friend, sadly. My best friend. She thought it was stupid. She never exactly said it aloud in those words, but I knew. I guess sometimes words aren't necessary to figure out something. I didn't blame her though, I guess. But maybe she would feel this someday.

I didn't care what she thought right now though, as I was feeling a rush of excitement and unexplainable hapiness. I just needed someone to vent to right now. It took me a long time to get tickets. And nobody was going to ruin this for me.  I couldn't believe I was going to see my favorite band of all times live. To see them in person, to see they're real people made of flesh, not just a product of my imagination spread all over tumblr, twitter and screens in general. This was going to be the best night of my life.  At least I thought it was going to be...

 -

"Emma, are you ready yet?" I heard a shout coming from my dad, who was downstairs waiting for me. He was going to drop me off at the arena. 

"Yeah, just let me get my purse!" I shouted back as I finished my makeup. I just wanted to look perfect for them. Because they did... even if they didn't try. I was wearing my favourite grey 1D hoodie and ripped denim jeans. I didn't go all extreme with my clothes, I didn't want to look like I tried too much. i thought it was better this way. Simple. When I thought about it more, I liked everything in my life being simple. Real. Real friends, real conversations, simple people. Little things made me happy. I didn't need a lot to be happy really, especially money. My lifestyle was proof. I never had much money, I never was the pretty, rich girl in class. I never had the perfect, outgoing, bubbly personality, as much as I wanted to. I was basically the quiet girl, hanging out with a small circle of friends. I wasn't exactly picky when I chose friends... I just needed real people around. 

I took the first purse I could find because I was running a bit late. A black one with rivets. I ran downstairs panicking a bit.  "Let's go, let's go! I am not going to be late, not today!" I yelled and my dad just smiled at this and went to the car. I slid into the cara as fast as I could. "Step on the gas!" I said and dad laughed as if this was funny to me. "This is the first time I'm hearing you say this", he chuckled. "Usually you yell at me to slow down if I didn't want to cause you a heart attack, or a car crash or something." 

 -"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just drive." I rolled my eyes, quite frustrated with the fact that he's joking at the wrong time.

-"Did you bring your cellphone?" He changed the subject in a serious tone. 

-"Yeah. It's running low on battery though, but it's going to last long enough for sure." 

-"Okay. Just ring me when you need me to pick you up Emma, go straight home after the concert. Knowing you, you'll get lost as soon as I drop you off." 

-"Ha-ha, I can't stop laughing." I replied sarcastically.

-

When I got there, it was pretty crowded. I felt a rush running over my body, my heart was pounding really hard against my chest, as if it was going to escape my body. I tried to calm down and told myself not to ruin this for myself and faint somewhere. I needed to enjoy this. My ears hurt a bit from all the screaming coming from a sea of loud girls, but I got used to it. I wondered how the boys put up with this.