Self Defense

RPOV

I looked at him from across the room. He was a tall, tanned, beautiful man. He was the new combat instructor for our Self Defense class. Our old instructor had to leaving because of his Mother was ill. "This is Dimitri Belikov. He is going to be your new instructor. I'm going to miss each and every one of you. Yes Miss Hathaway, even you." I was the shyest one in the class and Stan always chose to single me out. He was always trying to get me to boost myself confidence. I stood there feeling my cheeks starting to burn. I feel so embarrassed. Shoot, now everyone is staring at me, even Dimitri.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Belikov, my name is Lissa Dragomir." Lissa boldly said. She nudged me while passing with her hand stretched out to shake Dimitri's hand. Dimitri slowly took his deep chocolate brown eyes off of me to look at Lissa. "Nice to meet you Lissa, just Dimitri is fine." Thank you Lissa. I can always count on you to take the attention off of me. I swallowed a lump that I didn't realize that I was holding

"I'm just going to jump right in, if that is ok with you Stan?" "The floor is yours Dimitri. I have to get going anyways." Stan left us and walked out the door. "Now I'm going to try and remember your names as best as I can. So please bear with me." As he pointed at everyone, we all said our names. In the class there were my friends Mia, Natalie, Jill, Lissa and 4 or 5 other girls, besides myself.

"Ok, we are going to start off with some stretches. You should always start off with some stretches so you don't end up hurting yourself." After about 5 minutes of stretching Dimitri had instructed us to all run laps around the gym. "Running laps will help you build up endurance. Endurance will help give you the strength to be able to run away from your attacker."

After about 20 minutes or so of running the laps, Dimitri gathered us in the middle of the floor. He asked us to pair off. He wanted to see where we stood in our training. Lissa and I of course were sparring partners, with her being my best friend since kindergarten. Dimitri circled the room as the duo's started to spar with each other. "Very good Roza." "Thank yo.." CRACK! The next thing I know I'm on the floor holding my bloody nose. "Oh my Rose. I'm so sorry. I never thought that you wouldn't dodge my strike." Lissa knelt down and kept apologizing. Dimitri knelt down and said, "That is enough for tonight. You all can go home and I will see you all at next week's class. Roza you come with me and we will check out your nose and get you cleaned up." Dimitri extended his hand to me, helped me up off the floor and lead me to the closet size bathroom off the gym.