Chapter 46 - Surprise~

(A/N: You all make me so happy :[ )

-----Vibes are still here! I suggest listening to "Girls in Bikinis" by Poppy or "A Kiss" by THE DRIVER ERA. If you can't listen to music while reading because it distracts you, I suggest Clear Skies by Dan Musselman :D-----

They finally arrived at the long highway and looked at the ocean residing underneath, gently brushing against the bridge's pillars, the seagulls squawking far in the distance, the waves crashing against the rocks ever so slightly. They were parked somewhere near, making sure they had everything before they went ahead on the road. As George rummaged through the trunk, recounting everything, his friends threw whatever rocks they could find into the ocean, their tiny brains unable to comprehend that skipping rocks while on a cliff was impossible.

"George, can we go now?"

Karl asked, he was bored out of his mind, leaning against the car as George shut the trunk.

"Yeah, we're good to go."

He smiled, and everyone sighed in relief as they got back in the car and began driving.

The windows were down and the music was kept to a minimum in terms of volume, George was quietly enjoying the view, forcing himself to suppress any verbal forms of excitement in fear that his friends would probably make fun of him if he gasped like a child.

Thing is, they've all seen the bright blue ocean under the partially cloudy sky, but England was a bit... dimmer. He'd never seen anything so beautiful, it was genuinely breathtaking as he stuck his head out, letting the cold breeze cool him off as he enjoyed the view. What he was blissfully unaware of was that all his friends, especially Dream, were looking at him staring out. 

They can't help but have a soft feeling in their heart when they see their friend look out at the ocean like it's the most magnificent thing in the world. And Dream can't help it when he stares at George like he's the prettiest thing to have ever existed. Sapnap nudged Dream from the back, getting him to put his focus back on the road.

"Enough of that, loverboy. Don't crash us."

Dream tried defending himself, which ended in both of them bickering along with Karl recording and Quackity siding with Sapnap. George happened to ignore the ruckus behind him, his mind was foggy with excitement. 

Soon, he turned around and noticed all of them singing quietly to the song that was barely even hearable, as he turned the volume up, grabbing snacks from where he stored it and handing them out to his friends, they finally began to level with George's own excitement.

While they sang along, George practically screaming, and he seemed more hyped than anyone else, which was a rare sight to see. He'd probably gotten most of the sleep during the ride, considering Dream and Karl kept switching to take naps and not fall asleep on the wheel. Quackity and Sapnap ended up watching movies all night on their phones instead of getting any sort of actual rest in the very back.

Dream watched, a grin on his face as if he'd just been given a billion dollars, his hand snaking onto George's and intertwining them while his boyfriend stayed busy singing his lungs out. He was glad his friends were too tired to care for any signs of physical affection. The other three refused to let Dream do anything touchy to George in fear that they might ruin the trip with their "Love-sick bullshit" as Sapnap said.

George's smile was like a thousand setting suns, his eyes glistened despite there being no light shining on his face, the way his face creased every time he giggled. And don't get Dream started on his giggle, or his harsh laugh every time he got too excited. Or his dry chuckle if he was too tired to put any effort into anything. When his hair was fluffier than normal because he'd just woken up. Or when George found it hard to express his love, so he'd stay on a call for days with Dream on rare occasions if Dream ever ended up being in a tight spot. God, Dream could go on and on about every little thing George did that brightened his day about a million times.