〔1〕 Coming Home

Year 859
⚡︎

I remember it as if it was yesterday

I remember it as if it was yesterday. Reliving the moment in another body I knew too well. The year was 833. My strong father and older brother ran down the hall, so desperate to reach my mother.

She gave birth to not only one child, but twins. He grabbed my brother first and cuddled him until my older brother interrupted his peace. My brother grabbed me from my mother and sighed. My father didn't realize it yet but his anger and jealousy consumed him at that moment.

"Ryan. His name has to be Ryan. There's no other name fit for a king." My father said. He passed my brother to Junior and grabbed me. "This is unexpected... it shouldn't be since my brother is a twin. What shitty genes. I'll train Ryan to protect her instead of fighting for power. Y/N will be safe from the dangers in the world."

Junior without warning left my brother on the bed and left the hospital. He didn't show up for days, my father tried looking for him but days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Junior was just gone. And he was never coming back.

He wanted to fix the wrongs in our family. I don't blame him either. This was just the beginning... and I had no idea what was going to happen next. How could I? I was only a child.

⚡︎
Year 844
Age: 11
Y/N's POV'

"Come on! I don't see you using your full strength

"Come on! I don't see you using your full strength. Don't be afraid of hurting each other." Dad shouted at us. Ryan was sitting, trying to regain his stamina while I leaned on our practice dummy.

After we joined the warrior unit, not only did we train hard but at home, our father built us up with more than they taught us. We learned about Marley and our history, our lives, and how we're not the same as the warriors.

My mother came outside and gave my brother two water bottles. She whispered something in my dad's ear and he nodded. "Get cleaned up. You have a meeting with the warriors."