Revelation Chapter One (Part - 1)

Revelation chapter one has totally 20 verses. Let's see it one by one. In this chapter we are going to see the explanation of first three verses.

1 . "The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending His angel to his servant John,.."

Verse 1 identifies the entire book of Revelation as "the revelation of Jesus Christ."

It talks about only one revelation not many revelations

It talks about only one revelation not many revelations.. We can see there is no 's' in the title of this chapter.

The word "revelation" is from the Greek word apokalypsis, meaning "a disclosure" or "an unveiling." Simply the end of the world.

Even it is called as the beginning of the end of the world

Scholars differ on whether the book of Revelation should be thought of as a disclosure about Jesus Christ or a disclosure from Him. Likely, it is both.

God gave the apostle John the book of Revelation to communicate events which will take place suddenly once they begin.

He revealed these events to John through an angel. Although the angel is not named, it may have been Gabriel, who carried messages to Daniel, Mary, and Zechariah.

(Daniel 8:16; 9:21–22; Luke 1:5–19, 26–31).

John is referred to as God's servant in Revelation 1:1

John is referred to as God's servant in Revelation 1:1. The Greek word translated "servant" means a slave. Just as a slave in ancient times did whatever his master told him to do, so John obeyed whatever God instructed him to do.

In this case, God trusted John to communicate the revelation of Jesus Christ. The same Greek word, translated "servant," identifies New Testament figures such as Paul, Timothy, James, Peter, and Jude.

(Romans 1:1; Philippians 1:1; Titus 1:1; James 1:1; 2 Peter 1:1; and Jude 1:1).

This verse talks about the GOD who gave this revelation to Jesus Christ. Who is The God.. In this verse?

The God.. Who is with from the beginning. In the book Genesis 1: 1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and earth. " This God gave the revelation about Jesus Christ, to Jesus Christ. Because He wants everyone to know about that apocalyptic things.

Which is going to happen very "shortly", this word is used here to create an urge and prepare the souls to welcome Jesus's second coming. God has said that it will happen. It could happen quickly. But God’s time is different from ours. One day to God is like a thousand years. A thousand years are like one day to God (2 Peter 3:8).

So, "He sent and signified it", which shows the book of revelation is full of signs and symbols. Because John explains things about heaven to normal people.. Which should not be understood easily.

This book is like written by Jesus himself like, other books in Bible is guided by holy spirit but this book is special. Just the penman is John. So, He sent an Angel, maybe Gabriel, to instruct John.

2. "Who faithfully reported everything he saw. This is his report of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ".

John faithfully written everything he saw with his bodily eyes. The apostle John identifies himself as the human author. He claims no special prominence or distinction; in his own mind, he is just a "regular guy" enduring the same trials in his walk to God's Kingdom as any other Christian.

In this verse John testifies that this account of his encounter with Jesus Christ has been recorded accurately. And he wrote a report on it.

The book of Revelation, therefore, is the product of divine inspiration and not the product of human imagination.

3. "Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near".

In this verse John promises a blessing to the person who reads aloud the words which have been written and a blessing to those who hear and respond in obedience to what they hear.

"The one who reads aloud" refers to the persons who originally read this message to a congregation or in a church.

Those who hear and obey its words refers to that congregation. Both the reader and the audience are blessed. Literally, happy or fortunate. There is great benefit to those who study and understand this writing.

John concludes verse 3 by stating that "the time is near." The Greek word translated "time" here refers to a period of time. In other words, John is predicting that the period described in this writing, when God wraps up history, is soon to begin. That it is the beginning of the end of the world.

To hear God’s word is a blessing

To hear God’s word is a blessing. To obey it is a duty. Here is a warning to anyone that hears but then forgets. It is also a warning to those who take no notice of the message.

John warns that there is not much time left. One day God will take each one of us from the earth. No one knows when this will be. If we have obeyed, we will meet God with confidence

These first three verses are the prologue to the Revelation

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

See you in the next chapter of the end.....