Chapter 1

'they are not real.'

I have to say this to myself a lot.

'They do not exist...'

I started seeing things, strange things, a little over a month ago. My mother and father had just found out they were both cheating. And rather then acknowledge the reason behind it, mommy father placed the blame on me. They took turns kicking my sides until I coughed up blood. Before they went to sleep I was ordered to clean up the mess I had caused. That was the first time my mind got a little strained.

But I'm not crazy. I know these creatures are out there. The strange part of seeing them, is knowing I should be afraid. Knowing that if they were real they would be able to kill me without a second thought did not scare me. I have only ever seen one that shocked me. The first encounter we had was on my way to school. It had been a rough night, my parents had come home from the bar shit faced and proceeded to drag me out of bed by my hiar. They souted at me for the state ofthe house, though it was perfectly clean. When i tried to reason with them that theyhad too much to drink, my mother slapped me and my father punched my stomach. I crumbled to the floor heading my head. There was a burise across my cheek and i had a busted lip.

The other students that lived on mystreet avioded me. It was assumed that I was in a gang, armed and probably dangerous. It was as one my the teens ran past me that i saw him. He was standing near the outskirts of the local forest. As a child I had been told the forest was home to Murderers and rapists by my father. That was back before the abuse had started. The boy looked to be about my age, he was tall and had deep brown hair. He waslooking up at the sky. I could barely make out the stitches that decorated his face and neck.

He was beautiful...