Hum Hallelujah

Chapter 2

Horatio's House 11:37am

The Hummer pulled into the driveway of a one story, beige house with a palm tree on each side of it. Bridget and Horatio got out of the Hummer and made their way to the door.

Horatio walked ahead of Bridget and opened the door for her. "Thank you," Horatio nodded in response as she walked into the house. Bridget scanned over the living room, to get a good feel of the house. A TV sat at the end of the room with a white couch in front of it. Between the couch and TV sat a wooden coffee table, all three of the things looked like they were rarely used, the dust on the coffee table and TV gave it away.

"The guest room is this way." Horatio told her as he pointed to the hallway to his right. Bridget followed as Horatio lead her to the room.

After a few minutes Bridget had some of her things unpacked and in a dresser. Horatio's guest room looked pretty nice. A window with blue curtains had a nice view and the guest room even had its own bathroom, which was now filled with Bridget's makeup, toothbrush, hairbrush and other things.

"Are you ready to go?" Horatio asked as he stood in the door way.

"Umm yeah. I'll unpack some more later." She told him as she looked over the last full suitcase on the creamy white cover spread over the bed.

Miami-Dade Crime Lab 12:03pm

Bridget hopped out of the vehicle with Horatio at her side. The mid-day sun shined down on the two as the walked to the crime lad.

Inside the crime labs conference room all of the team, except Natalia, waited for their boss to come and explain what was going on.

"Since when do we have conferences?" Walter asked as he leaned back in a black chair and propped his feet on the large glass table.

"Do you know what H called the meet for?" Ryan asked, looking over to Eric.

"No, but I'm sure its nothing." Eric answered.

A few seconds later Natalia walked in the room.

"Hey you guys, sorry I'm late...Where's Horatio?" Natalia asked, looking around at everybody.

"We don't know." Calleigh answered in her normal southern draw as she sat on the edge of the glass table.

"Do you think someone's getting fired?" Walter asked and sat up right in his chair.

"H wouldn't call a conference for that." Eric plainly answered, feeling the question was stupid.

"Do you think H is quieting?" That question caught the whole team off guard. No one had time to answer before Horatio walked in the room.

The team put on their best poker face as they watched the door open.

"Hello, sorry I didn't notify anyone about this earlier. I meant to tell you all a week or so in advance," Horatio explained to the team as he stood in the door way.

"That's fine H, we've all been pretty busy." Eric said trying to put the team at ease.

A woman, that definitely put the three men at ease, walked out from behind Horatio. "Hello," Bridget simply greeted as she stood beside the teams redheaded boss. The three boys gazed at Bridget as if she was the most beautiful woman on earth.

"This is Bridget Smith, she'll be working with us for awhile." Horatio introduced Bridget.

Ryan, Eric and Walter didn't respond. Calleigh and Natalia looked over to them and rolled their eyes.

"Hello, I'm Calleigh Duquesne and this is Natalia." Calleigh introduced and held out her hand, a huge smile crossed her face. Bridget shook both the ladies hands.

"Bullet girl and DNA?" Bridget asked as she pointed to Calleigh then Natalia. The two looked confused.

"Oh I'm sorry. Uncle Horatio told me a little about you guys on the ride here." She explained.

"Uncle?" Natalia questioned.

"Have you told them nothing about me?" Bridget teased Horatio and smiled. Horatio didn't answer, he just half smiled back at her.

"Horatio practically raised me as a kid when he lived in New York city. We became sort of family. So now he's letting me come work with him for awhile." She half way explained, not wanting to give to much of her past away.

Eric was the first of the men to brake the gaze. "Hey, I'm Eric Delko," Eric smoothly said and shook her hand.

"Diver?"

"The best H knows." Eric humbly stated with a cocky smile.

Ryan and Walter awakened from their trance-like state and blurted out introductions at the same time. Bridget noticed their obvious eagerness and decided to mess with them. Just like in New York, she thought. She chose her target quickly.

"You know, your cuter then I thought." Bridget said as she looked Ryan up and down. Bridget was telling the truth, she kinda liked the guy already. Then she simply turned to Calleigh and Natalia and walked over to them. They automatically new what she was doing and giggled.

"Middle school all over again." Bridget said as she stood by Natalia.

"What, you had guys fighting over you?" Natalia asked, as she looked at Ryan, who was he triumphantly smiling as Walter rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. But I usually fought too." She admitted with a grin.

The team chatted with Bridget and told stories about each other-some funny some serious. The fun sadly ended when all the CSI's cellphones went off.

"Call out to a dead body." Calleigh informed Bridget.

"Um, you can ride with me." Ryan offered Bridget.

"Uh I think I'll ride with uncle Horatio." She told him and followed Horatio out the door.

"Uncle?" Ryan was a little confused.

"Come on lover boy, I'll explain on the way." Calleigh teased and headed for the door. Ryan followed her, still confused and a little bit bothered by being called lover boy by Calleigh.

Ride to Crime Scene 12:17 pm

Horatio and Bridget sat in the Hummer as they road to the crime scene. Bridget was gazing out the window at the beautiful Miami ocean and Horatio stared straight at the road.

"So...'cute' hu." Horatio commented on Bridget's earlier remark about Ryan.

"I was just messing with him." Bridget told H with a innocent grin.

"What's with the whole 'H' thing?" Bridget asked to change the subject.

"Eric gave me the nickname awhile back and it caught on." He simply answered.

"Uncle H..." Bridget thought the possible nickname over. Horatio just smiled and let out a short laughed.

********************************************************************************************************************************

Hope your liking the story! Comments and votes are appreciated!