58. In the partial end

"What the hell?" Char yells again, and I jump in Andrews's tense arms.

"You are sleeping together?" he continues since we are not able to say anything.

He looks so mad, I have never seen him this enraged before. I know I have crossed a line.

"Char, I'm sorry", I start it, denying it won't help us. I don't know what he has heard about our not-so-subtle discussion and if he discovers the lie after it would be ten times worst.

"Of all people Kelsey? Did you dump Brandon for him? For him?"

His madness caught me off guard, Andrew too, he is paralyzed gawking at Char.

I strive to find the right words to tell him because whatever is going on between Andrew and me certainly isn't a romance with chocolate and roses, how do you tell your brother you were only sleeping with his friend? Sleeping isn't probably the right term, fucking is what it is. Instead of using my vibrator, I used his roommate's magic toy for pleasure.

"Charles", Andrew suddenly talks, but he is abruptly cut by Charles who has just double his madness level.

"Shut the fuck up", he shouts, and he directs his eyes again on us, fuming red, "go the hell away from her".

Andrew raises his hands and slowly takes some steps to the left, carefully as if Char is pointing a gun at him, and honestly, it is exactly how I'm feeling right now. Threatened.

I watch Char, trying to understand how the hell we have arrived here. I knew since the beginning he would be angry, that what I was doing would hurt him, and I didn't consider it.

He acted like a caveman only because I was playing pool with some friends once, now he just discovers I was having the full pool party, with his friend's stick and balls included.

Not only that, but we hid it from him, we met on his back. We have been so reckless, Liam and Dani have advised me, yet I was too weak and stupid to stop it.

Of course, he would freak out.

"It is not what you think", Andrew tries again.

"Oh", he angrily laughs, "so it is not what I'm thinking?" The despise in Char's voice is hurtful, I have never witnessed any similar behavior from him, he doesn't look like my brother.

"So, aren't you sleeping together?" he waits a moment for confirmation or any response, but we are both quiet at this point, sensing his speech has only begun.

"After I provide you a place to stay you thank me by sleeping with my sister??"

"Are you going to tell me you are in love now? That this is fucking serious and you are in a relationship? You of all people Andrew?"

"Answer damn it!" he yells, and I wince.

"Are you in a relationship?"

"No", we respond in unison, and Charles sprints in our direction. Andrew places himself in front of me, blocking me from Char, as he could hurt me.

I know he wouldn't, he has never raised a finger in my direction yet his anger is very well pointed at us and it hurts like physical pain.

"Don't fucking touch her! Stay away from her!" Char yells and only when I see him walking, I perceived he is drunk as well. Drunk enough to stumble while walking.

It is surely increasing his madness, deranging his perception. Both of them are drunk and I don't think it will end well.

I watch Char grabbing Andrew's shirt in his fist, ready to punch him. I wait for Andrew to defend himself except all he does is flinch, so I scream halting Char's purpose of punching him.