Ep 64: Love?

Y/N's POV

"Honey," my mom called out. I peeked around my dad to see a person bowing deeply. He had thick black hair and was saying, "I know what I did was wrong sir, but I want to meet her please." "Get lost before I lose my temper, kid," said dad, in a controlled voice. He looked up and I was mildly impressed. He had beautiful deep blue eyes, an extremely sharp jawline and a very handsome face. "I only want to apologize," he said. "Nakamoto Ryu," said Mina-unnie from behind me. All of us turned to look at her, including the boy. "Mina-chan," he said. She eyed him from top to bottom with disgust clearly etched in every single feature of her face. I gulped and glanced at dad, but his eyes were fixed on Mina-unnie.

Mina's POV

Why does it turn out like this even after two years? My heart was beating painfully as the boy I had loved the most stood in front of me. I could feel all of their stares on me, even his. "I love you so much, Mina," his husky voice from that night still rung clearly in my ears. "Clear off," said Jeongyeon in a sharp voice, "We don't need you here." "I am not leaving even if you drag me out!" said Ryu, "I only want to talk to Mina... Just once." He looked at me pleadingly, his blue eyes holding me captive once again. "Mina," said dad gently, "What do you want to do?" "What do you even mean?! Of course she doesn't want to see him!" said Chaeyoung. "Mina?" said Nayeon. I stayed silent. "Please?" said Ryu and I found myself nodding. "L-Leave us alone for a moment... I will hear him out," I said. "WHAT?! NO!" said Tzuyu, "You know what he did, unnie! You can't-" "Tzuyu," said dad, "It's her decision."

"BUT DAD-" Tzuyu began. "Please everybody," I said, trying to stay calm. "FINE!" said Tzuyu. After a minute or so, all of them went back to the dining room. Y/N looked at me in the eyes and I nodded when she passed by. "Thank you so much, baby," said Ryu, "I really-" "Cut it," I said, plainly, "Why are you here?" He looked at me with eyes full of hurt and I rolled my eyes. "They won't work on me anymore, Ryu," I told him, "You know exactly what you did to me." He looked down and said, "I know... But... I didn't mean to do it. I was forced." I frowned and said, "What the f*ck does that even mean? It doesn't make any sense, Ryu. You were the one who blackmailed me with..." I looked away in disgust, cursing myself for the millionth time in my life for believing him.

"I regretted it... All the time," he said, bitterly. "Why the change in tone, Ryu?" I asked, sarcastically, "Did the jail put a new air into you?" "It did," he said, "It also made me realize what I had lost... I love you, Mina. I still do." He was looking at me, in my eyes. With a sharp intake of breath, I said, "I don't trust you." "You didn't say you don't love me," he said, with a small smile, "Does that mean you still love me?" "Don't play around with my words!" I snapped. "I am right then," he said and I glared at him. "Is that why you are here?" I asked, "You can leave if so." "Okay, Mina-chan~ I will take my leave for now. See you later then," he said, with a wink. How dare this bastard still try to flirt with me?! He waved at me as he walked away.

I rubbed my forehead, my jaw clenched as I walked to the dining room. I need to figure out my own feelings before I say anything... "Unnie," said Chaeyoung, "What did he say?" "He says he's sorry and he... wants me back..." I said, taking a deep breath. "EXCUSE ME! WHAT?!" said Jeongyeon. "LET ME GO AND SEE THAT GUY ONCE!" said Chaeyoung getting up from her seat. "Chaeyoung," said Y/N, stopping her, "Calm down." I was grateful because I didn't really want to deal with them right now. "What did you say?" Nayeon-unnie asked, in a smooth voice. "Nothing," I said, pathetically, "I didn't know what to say." "What do you mean?" Momo asked, "Don't tell me you still like that jerk!" I stayed silent. "No way!" said Jihyo, "You-" "Unnie," said Y/N again, "I think you should let her take her own time to sort out her feelings."

Y/N's POV

Man! I am playing with fire right now! I gulped as every single eye snapped towards me. "I-I mean that's what I think," I said. "I agree," said Dahyun and I looked at her gratefully. "He doesn't deserve a second chance, Mina," said Sana, in a sharp voice. She keeps surprising me! "I know," mumbled Mina, "I just don't know... He said he was forced to do it... Maybe... Maybe someone did-" 'You don't believe that crap!" said Chaeyoung, fiercely, "He's just lying!" Is this what 'making a move' meant? Trying to get Mina-unnie on his side? But what could he get from it? I felt sad when I saw Mina-unnie's eyes getting slightly watery. "Yah!" I said, "Leave her alone, guys! She's confused right now!"

I didn't mind all the glares I was getting and walked up to her. "Unnie," I said, "Let's go." Mina-unnie nodded and we walked upstairs to her room. "Y/N, what should I do?" she said, her voice cracking, "I never thought he would be back like this..." "You have to stay strong and find out his motive," I said. "What if he was telling me the truth?" she asked. "We'll have to find that out," I said, firmly. I don't know what that guy wants either, but one thing is for sure. He's the hidden enemy we were looking for. I clearly recognized his voice from Kai's recording. "I am so..." Mina-unnie mumbled. "Yah! Don't be so down! You have done nothing wrong!" I said, "Don't let his presence bother you! Show him that you are happy even after what he did! Don't let him make your life dark!"

"I... I loved him so much," she said, "I can't help it. It hurts to see him again..." Love? I sighed. Love is a double-edged sword... It's beautiful if the feelings are reciprocated, but it's also the most painful thing if the loved one hurts you. "It's okay," I said, even if I knew that it really wasn't okay at all, "You will be all right. Everything will be all right." "I believe you," said Mina-unnie, looking at me with sincere eyes. "I will protect you, unnie," I said, "Nothing will happen to you again." "Promise?" said Mina-unnie, holding out her pinky finger. I connected mine with hers and said, "Promise. Nakamoto Ryu can't hurt you again."

~To be continued~

Thank you for reading~! I love you❤