You know him?

*one week later*

                 "Are you sure he doesn't know?" Jay raised an eyebrow as the pair got coffee, Abbie laughed a little, "I'm sure, we're good at hiding it" she shrugged and picked up her mug. Jay smiled but followed her out with a coffee of his own. The pair had been hiding their relationship for a whole week just so hank wouldn't find out, if he did they would both be dead.

"You're all on call today, sorry" hank sighed but waved them out. He had no reason to suspect anything between Abbie and jay since they had been playing it on the down low at work and only seeing each other outside of work where hank wouldn't know, even though that's very hard because he has eyes everywhere. They all sighed but stood up and made their way out of the district with their own partners, they decided to take jays truck today and pulled up outside of a corner store ready to respond to any calls.

                 They were sat chatting away when Abbie noticed something odd, she saw a young teenage girl stood rather uncomfortably while being talked to by an older man who looked a little too eager, "hey wait here a sec, imma go get her out of that" she nudged jays leg and pointed to the young girl.  Jay looked over and nodded as Abbie took off her badge and hid her gun in the back of her jean belt where it wouldn't be seen.  Jay watched as she got out of the car and crossed the road, he had no clue what she was gonna do but he knew she'd manage.

                  Abbie ran over the road and over to the young girl, "hey Jenny, I've been waiting for you. You still up for that coffee?" She linked arms with the young blonde haired girl, the girl looked up at her thankfully and linked arms back.  The man just looked abbie up and down hastily, as if he was going to murder her, "do you know this guy?" Abbie smiled at the kid, Jenny was the first name that came to her head.  The girl shook her head fearfully, "alright well thanks for watching her sir but I've got it from here" Abbie nodded falsely and lead the young girl away as he watched abbies every move.

                 Once Abbie and the girl were back over the road she flashed jay a quick nod to let him know they were okay, she stayed with the girl outside of the corner store and talked until the man left so they weren't too suspicious, "are you okay? What's your name?" Abbie smiled weakly, she could see the fear in the kids eyes.  The girl nodded, "I'm okay and I'm Kate" she smiled weakly too.  Abbie nodded, "nice to meet you Kate, I'm Abbie and I'm a cop. Here take this, if he or anyone else ever bothers you or you feel unsafe just give me a call or send me an email" she smiled and handed the young girl a business card from her back pocket that the whole team carries around.  Kate smiled thankfully, "thank you so much, he was telling me to go back to his place and i-i..." she began to panic.

                  Abbie smiled, "hey it's okay, you're safe now. Do you need a ride home?" She placed a gentle hand on the girls arm.  Kate shook her head, "no thank you, I'm waiting for a friend, she should be here in a few minutes" she calmed down.  Abbie smiled, "I'll wait with you until she comes" She stood next to the young girl.  Kate nodded thankfully.  Abbie waited with the girl until her friend came, "remember if you ever feel unsafe just let me know okay?" Abbie began walking away.  Kate, who seemed a lot calmer now, smiled thankfully once again, "I will, thank you" she nodded and walked in the other direction.

                   Abbie got back into jays truck, "is she alright?" He smiled at her.  Abbie sighed, "yeah she's fine, a little scared, but she's fine" she nodded.  Jay smiled sadly, "the sick creep wanted to take her home" she huffed, jay just smiled at how caring she is, "he'll get what's coming for him" he nodded slowly.  Abbie nodded slowly too before a call came over their radios and they had to respond, so that's what they did, they went off to save the city once again.

When they got back to the district everything seemed normal until Abbie noticed the creepy guy from before stood waving at her from the sidewalk, she was stood in the break room alone so she was just hoping that she wasn't seeing things. She shook her head and ignored him thinking he was just some crazy person and went about her day, it was only around 1:45pm so they had hours to kill.

                  "Davis, can you take out the boxes for me?" Trudy looked at her hopefully although it was more of an order then a question, "sure" Abbie smiled.  She was stood in the reception looking for things to do while the rest of the team were having a little break upstairs, so it's not like she had anything better to do, especially when they had no case either.  She picked up some boxes that we rested on the side waiting to be thrown out and wandered outside and around the back of the station so she could throw them into the garbage container.

                    She threw the first couple of boxes into the trash container but before she could dispose of the last one she felt a cloth placed tightly on her mouth and a hand restricting her movement, it wasn't long before she became sleepy and she was out cold, she couldn't hear, see, smell or feel, it was just herself and her thoughts.

Silence all the laughter
Everyone has gone

                    Her mind was shaking and her head was pounding, her thoughts raced between jay, hank, the team, jay again, the fact that she's never been comfortable calling hank 'dad' because she associates bad things with the term father, jay again, the girls, Kevin's corny jokes, Adams cluelessness and jay once again.  Gosh it's all too tiring, she let the complete darkness take over and before she knew it, there was silence.