Chapter 8

"Putra, I want you to come at Indraprasth with Subhadra." Kunti said to Karna. The Raj sabha had finally ended and they were outside at the hall.

"Yes, Jyesth. All are waiting for you there. Please come with us." Yudhisthir requested too.

"No. Not now. As Mahamahim said, I have ignored Anga for long. It's time to return there. As for coming to Indraprasth, I will. Just as soon as I handle the situation over there in Anga, I will." Karna replied smiling at both.

"Jyesth, you have forgiven us, right? You're not angry with us, are you?" Arjun asked in a whisper looking emotionally at his brother.

"No. I'm not angry. And I have forgiven you long ago. How can I hold any grudges against my brothers?" Karna replied smiling warmly and keeping a hand on his shoulder. "And please, I request you all to forget those things. I want to start anew. Don't beat yourself around for past anymore."

"Jyesth? Promise us, you'll come soon. Otherwise we all will come together at Anga. And you know bhrata Bheem. He will empty all the stored royal foods." Nakul said threatening him with a pout. The rest four laughed hearing him.

"I promise I'll come soon. But not in fear of an empty storehouse. Tell Bheem he is welcomed anytime at Anga. I'll gladly entertain him." Karna said smiling broadly.

"We will miss you Jyesth." Nakul said embracing him. Arjun also embraced him from the other side. Yudhisthir stood hesitating for a while, but joined the hug getting a sign from Karna finally. Kunti smiled watching her sons.

After breaking the hug, Karna touched Kunti's feet and left.

"Why isn't he coming back? It has been long he went." Radha said in concern.

"Radha maa, he will come soon." Subhadra assured her though she herself was tensed for Karna.

Karna came after a while. He slowly told them what happened at the Raj sabha. Radha and Adhirath felt overwhelmed that he respected and valued them so much. They blessed him and left Subhadra with him.

"So? Now we're going to go to Anga?" Subhadra asked him. Karna nodded solemnly.

"Paad yatra kar k jane wale hai waha bhi? (Are we going there by foot too?)" Subhadra asked tentatively. Karna turned his face towards her and stared. Karna knew the journey from Dwarka to Hastinapur had been tough on Subhadra. But she remained silent not wanting to bother him. But why would he take her to Anga by foot now?

"Nehi, main toh aise hi puch rahi thi. Paad yatra hi karni cahiye. Isse swasth accha rehta hai. Aur aapko to jarurat bhi hai iss aayu mein. (No. I was just asking like this. We should travel by foot only. This helps to keep fit only. And you also need it in this age.)" Subhadra said hurriedly.

"Iss aayu se kya tatparya hai tumhara? (What do you mean by this age?)" Karna asked narrowing his eyes at her. He was only 30 so years older than her.

"Arthat ki aap itne balsali hai, yuvabastha mein hai, abhi toh umar hai aapka paad yatra karne ki. (I mean you're so strong, youthful, this is the age to travel by foot only.)" Subhadra said stammering a bit. Karna still watched her with narrowed eyes.
Well, Karna wasn't anywhere near old. And their age difference wasn't a issue as girls were married even to men 80-90 years older to them. But Karna was much more mature and serious that he felt a lot older to her.

"Mata mujhe bula rahi hai. Main dekh kar aati hu. (Mother is calling me. I should go to see.)" Subhadra said smiling sweetly.

"Mujhe toh sunai nehi di. (I didn't hear her calling you.)" Karna frowned more.

"Maan mein bula rahi hai na isliye. (She's calling me in her heart.)" Subhadra replied and left quickly. Karna only looked dumbfounded at her way.

Yudhisthir, Arjun and Nakul didn't want to stay at Hastinapur for longer. So they started their journey towards Indraprasth that day only. Karna also left for Anga with Subhadra after a few days.