sixteen.

CHAPTER XVI. Passionflower

year 2020.

Levi wasn't a bad man, he just looked the part.

And if he was supposedly a bad man, he was doing a good job at it at times. But most of time, he's just not a generally liked guy.

You've known that since he threatened you to clean every inch of the shop with your tongue when you and Hange pushed him to his limits by thrashing the cutlery drawer. In hindsight, it should've Hange to take full punishment but seeing that you allowed that to happen, you were given the blame. But it's not like he was holding you on actually doing it, he just wasn't vocal about his absolute want for you to do it.

He called out your name, "Assist on the drawers."

Sometimes you just wished you were brave enough to stand up for yourself even on petty jokes and tasks such as this one. The kitchen was absolutely thrashed to a minimal and what can be salvaged. Having to clean all utensils thoroughly then see that the actual cutlery drawer was fixed pissed you off. When you came back, Hange had occupied a table in the tea shop you were supposed to be working at.

It was a weekend and you usually had the time to do actual work in the tea shop but ever since Petra left, you were her immediate rebound. Replacement. Whatever your purpose was, it shouldn't be reading papers that didn't make sense to present day humans.

But ever since Eren had tried his best to win the old man's heart by making him tea, he has taken the role of being Levi's right cleaning hand man. And wherever Eren was, was Mikasa. The girl was tasked to be the delivery person, refusing profusely at first but immediately accepting the role wholeheartedly when Eren told her to.

You were supposed to be free from this contract with the devil but your thoughts proved you wrong when you're back to serving tea while Eren is being held back by Mikasa in a long sermon in posture. The alien known as Hange waved at you, taking the teacup from your tray before you were near. After the incident when Erwin outed your roommate, Hange was forced to get some fresh air every four hours—Commander's orders. The first few days weren't that hard to deal with, a moping Hange doesn't want to be disturbed and the tea beside was just for aesthetic purposes it seemed. But when that same person became the butterfly it once was, you were burdened with having to tend to two kids all the sudden.

There were a few people around but none of them needed any assistance in stirring the liquid or blowing the heat off so you decided to occupy the seat left in the two seater table Hange was in. And as if he had noticed you slacking on a job, Levi came out of the kitchen with a deadly look masking his whole visage. Definitely annoyed that you and Hange were on the same table together, he crossed his arms and took a cup back inside.

He looked at you, "Tch."

You got up, "I'm guessing that means that I shouldn't be slacking on the job. Sorry Hange."

Hange tried to pull you back to your chair, in hopes of ensnaring you from work and follow what Mikasa had just done but to no avail. You just looked at your friend with a hint of sympathy before actually trying to pull your hand away. Levi, who was watching the scene unfold, let out another tch.

"I'll take that as a hurry up."

Hange stopped pulling, "You're getting the hang of it, you two are really destined for one another."

"Tch."

You tried to hold a snort, "I'm pretty sure that meant Shut up, Hange."

A hand went flat on your head and told you, "Stop stating the obvious, idiot!"