I promise ..

When you look back at your childhood, all the memories, laughter and tears.Who's the one you can't imagine growing up without? Who was it that stood by you through it all? My answer is simple, no if and buts, just a plain and simple word. And if you ask me again in ten years, it's still going to be the same answer; my mom.

As the taxi drove her away from our driveway, I couldn't help but wonder: what would I do without her? How could my life be balanced without her being there guiding me? She was gone now but my dad and I didn't move from our spot, in front of our house, we didn't stop looking at the road the taxi just drove on. I know there is another reason to her eight days, vacation at a spa. She could've gone any time, why now when she was sick?

According to them it was nothing serious, just a regular virus attack. But I'm not dumb and I know its way more serious than that, how can't I notice her being so different? She used to be lively and talk a lot. Kept herself busy with the house, her job and keeping an eye on my dad and I. When you were with her you could sense her happy spirit, and you became happy too. Now a days she only gets up from the couch or her bed when she needs to clean or cook. I've rarely seen her go to her job as a therapist, and it's my dad and I who keep an eye on her. She still talks a lot but I can see it's only for us, she keeps smiling but I can see the pain in her eyes.

The only thing that's been in my mind for the past month, it's why they just don't tell me the truth. I know that there is something they are keeping from me. I watch her not being ... herself and it kills me; it kills me to know that I can't do anything to linger her pain.

"This spa treatment is going to help her. When she comes back, everything will be normal again." My dad whispers and holds me in a tight embrace. I hide my face in his chest, shut my eyes and let the smell of his aftershave calm me down. I feel him put his head on mine, like a comfort for us both, and his hand runs across my cheek as if he wiped a tear.

I opened my eyes and saw him look at me with painful eyes. This was too much and tears were now streaming down my cheek.

"Do you promise?" my voice manage do utter out.

"I promise my angel, I promise."

I wanted to believe him so bad it hurt, those words should calm me down, and those words should wash relief. But it only made it all clearer ... there were not such a thing as normal in our family, not anymore.

I'VE UPLOADED THE NEXT CHAPTER NOW ---->