Chapter Thirty-Six

•Ryder•

•Ryder•

Do or die.

The Australians won't stand for what happened yesterday. We're finished in this town as far as they're concerned. We're dead to them.

They might even try to kill us.

If we move this product, maybe it'll placate them enough to forget about yesterday's skirmish.

Talia follows me into the shower when we all break apart to go to our rooms to clean up. Poor Fox got puked on by a drunk last night and hasn't gotten the chance to wash up. Guards laughed like it wasn't their problem. Fucking pigs.

We were surrounded with unknowns yesterday and it seemed like there were lots of new faces around the station we were brought to. It's suspicious, but Blade will figure out what's going on when he talks to Thelonious. T has been our inside man for nearly two decades now. He's been on the force since he was eighteen and has moved up to Chief of Police over his years of service.

He was also Blade's mother's stepbrother way back when, making him Blade's honorary uncle. He wasn't apart of Blade's mother's family forever, but he got close enough for Blade to consider him family for life. And over the years, he's helped out by making things disappear, or turning a blind eye. He's a good guy, at least by our standards. If anyone higher up found out about what he's been doing all these years, they might not agree with that statement.

"How hurt are you?" Talia asks, running her hands over my body. The water from the shower washes over me, mixing with the blood still staining my skin and turning the water pink at my feet.

She's behind me and I reach up and grasp her hand against my sternum. "I'll be fine. I'll heal, I always do."

She turns me around slowly, as if she's trying to be careful not to hurt me anymore. I have a feeling she's regretting jumping into my arms when we first got back. I didn't have the heart to tell her that hurt like a bitch, I was too excited to see her.

Her hands trace up and down my skin, fingering the deep bruising in my abdomen and the purpling around my neck. It hurts to swallow and talk louder than an average level. My face feels like I've been hit by a truck. Hopefully the percocet I swallowed before my shower does something to numb the pain.

Luckily no one was hurt bad enough to warrant a trip to the hospital or for the club doc to come by. All surface level injuries.

Truthfully, it was a good way to work off some frustration that'd been long since brewing amongst us.

The Australians pushed us one too many times. Yesterday was our breaking point.

Hopefully this deal with the King family can smooth it over, or else we're going to need to go into lockdown until we can come up with a solution. The Australians will retaliate in some way, that's for sure.