(2)

A tap at my apartment door awoke me from my dreamless slumber. I untangled myself from my sheets, the brown sofa wincing when I shifted up making my way to my door.

I cautiously answered it, keeping the latch still on and I peeked through it to stare at my landlord.

"Rents due." Was all he said in his wheezy voice coughing slightly into his chubby hands and smiling at me creepily eyeing my half naked figure as he leaned more closer to my door.

I gave him a warning glare. But chose to ignore it since I always slept wearing only a underwear and shirt. Otherwise I woke up sweating and the sheets stuck to me like a second skin. For some reason the building block I was in seemingly was allergic to the cold.

"I don't have it." I murmured softly keeping my anger out of my voice since I couldn't afford to be kicked out again.

His eyes narrowed and he frowned. "This is the last straw, I mean it. If you don't have it by this time tomorrow than your fucking out. I gave you enough chances already, Lux."

I nodded and he smirked eyeing me once again. The music from down the hall shaking the whole third floor and the smell of beer wafting from my neighbors open door. I lived in a poverty stricken place where either drunks lived or addicts, which is probably why they're poverty stricken in the first place.

"We could arrange something?" He inquired cheekily titling his head to one side and smirking.

I slammed the door shut as my response. Fucking guys always getting the wrong ideas, I thought annoyed whilst making myself some hot chocolate since I wasn't getting back to sleep.

I leaned against the counter. Sipping on my delicious hot chocolate savoring it and letting my mind wander to countless ideas but I knew only one was optional.

I'd have to get a roommate.

But considering the fact that I'm a bloodthirsty hybrid, always come home covered in mud and sometimes blood and would have cuts everywhere.

Well, I'd have to be very careful.

My eyes wandered my apartment. I had a connected kitchenette with red counter tops and a small black fridge that often leaked. A living room that had a old TV set and the couch in which I slept and a bathroom that had a toilet which didn't stick to floor. There was only one bedroom where a tiny unslept bed occupied and that's where my roommate would sleep.

I have to admit it was dark during the night. The two windows that were ten feet apart didn't really give you much to view considering there was another apartment block overshadowing mine.

Just when I finished my hot chocolate, my phone buzzed on the counter. Grimly I answered it.

"Hello?" I said slightly curious.

A grunt from the other side and then a letter was shoved underneath my doorway. They then hung up and I rolled my eyes, placed my phone back on the counter beside my car keys and made a move towards the door.

The envelope was crisp between my fingers. Eagerly and anxiously, I ripped it open sliding out the letter and staring at it blankly.

This time there was a picture of a young stripper called Fang for the fact she always left nasty hickeys but also because she was a Vampire.

She had platinum blonde hair, bright blue eyes that highlighted her creamy skin and a smile showcasing perfectly snow white teeth that would make any man fall beneath her feet.

No wonder she was famous, especially in her line of work. She was probably loaded and I smirked.

This is exactly what I needed. The Crimson Pack I was apart of made me into what I was here today; a assassin, or a murderer as some say.