December 31, 2012

Hey, guys!

This is my first story on here, so go easy on me :P

Also: big thanks to Chairsareforsitting for the cover. :)

This one's for Tanner.

I didn’t kiss him.

“Come on Alice, you’re being dramatic,” Justin complains, flopping down onto my plush bed with a huff.

“I’m getting them off in three days, you can’t wait?”

“No, I can’t. They’re just braces anyways.”

I roll my eyes and quickly change the subject. “I really don’t feel like going to this party tonight,” I complain, lying down next to him.

My family throws an end of the year get-together with seemingly everybody living in the neighborhood, and it’s always a big hit. Since today is New Year’s Eve, my parents and older sister have been scrambling about getting last minute things ready downstairs.

“Skip it then,” he says with a careless shrug of the shoulders.

“You know my parents – they’re going to be watching me like hawks all night.”

After thinking up multiple stupid scenarios to getting out of going to the New Year’s party, we give up and face the fact that I’m screwed.

“Do you have football practice tomorrow?” I ask, hoping that he says no.

“Yeah,” he says anyway.

I sigh in defeat and scoot closer to him on the bed.

“I’ll come over after, okay?” he offers, trying to lighten up my mood.

I nod. “Make sure you take a good shower, though.”

Just then I hear the sound of heels clacking up the wooden stairs and I hold back a groan. I know exactly whose footsteps they belong to.

“Hey kids,” Ashlee, my annoying and extremely bossy sister greets us sarcastically, barging into my room as if she owns the place. Though I have to admit, she looks intimidating in her six inch heels and business attire. The typical look of a lawyer-in-training.

“Hey there, Cruela Devil,” Justin greets her with a teasing smirk on his handsome face. I give him a warning look, trying not to add any more fuel to the fire they already have between them.

“Did you need something?” I ask in the most polite tone I can muster.

“Actually I do. Mr. Quarterback over here needs to go in five minutes, unless of course he wants to help,” she says, giving Justin a challenging look.

My boyfriend looks at me funny and I can see him thinking about it.

“I’ll see you tomorrow babe,” he rushes out, pecking me on the cheek before scurrying out the door. Two years with the guy and he still refuses to spend any extra time with my family, even for me. Wimp.

Ashlee laughs and shakes her head. “I can’t believe you’re still with that boy.”

“Me either.”

After endless cooking, straightening things up, and scrubbing non-existent spots all around the house, I collapse onto the family room’s black leather sofa. I let out a tired breath and close my eyes.