Part N°2

[Old lady's house, Ichigo]

Angels playing disguised, with Devil's faces

'These words... Why do they come to me all of a sudden...' I glanced at Shiro, hoping that I wasn't the only one who heard these words echoing in my mind. He would have heard those words too... He nodded his head while looking at me with a worried expression.

"It must be a common memory fragment that was lost after you were reincarnated, Ichigo." Zangetsu? Would he have heard them too?

"Maybe, but in concrete terms, Angels, Devil's faces... It doesn't make any sense... " I said, looking at the ground. And why would I remember that now? Would it have anything to do with my death? Maybe...

"Ichigo?" I looked up after hearing my name and saw Shiro looking at me with his head tilted like a cat. 'It's cute.' "It might have something to do with your death, but it would be weird if our memory was affected as well... Let's not think about it anymore, okay?" He asked, I simply smiled and nodded my head.

"By the way, young people, do you have a place to stay?" Asked the old lady who had just returned. With Shiro and Zangetsu, we looked at each other in the eyes and then I turned my gaze to her.

"Uh..." I didn't know her name..." Oh forgive my rudeness! I'm Mirai the Wandering Healer!" I nodded my head in greeting. "Well no... But I think an inn would be great but we don't have money..."

"Hehehe... Think again young man! Because it turns out that when I found you and your brothers, you had a bag filled with gold that was in your Kimono, here it is." She said laughing and throwing the bag in my hands... It was quite heavy, there should be a lot inside...

"I... I owe you how much for my care Mirai-san?" I asked her while starting to open the bag. But she put her hand on it, preventing me from opening it, I raised my eyes and questioned her with my eyes, after all, it's normal to pay what you owe, right?

"Why make future Shinigamis pay? It would be silly, you see." She said with a big smile. "Well, thanks for everything... I think we'll go ahead and do it..." I simply replied.

-
[Rukongai District]

"We should first eat in a restaurant nearby and then ask if they know where the nearest inn is." Said Zangetsu after 20 minutes of walking. Shiro, on the other hand, was not a big fan of the concept because of his appearance. Normally, it would not make him anything the look of the people but for him, he didn't want Ichigo to be seen with an albinos copy.

Ichigo, having noticed the discomfort in Shiro's eyes, took his hand and squeezed it and smiled at him, which was enough to put a smile back on the Albino's face.

"It's true that I'm hungry..." Admitted the redhead. He took the direction of the restaurant that he had spotted not long ago and began to move towards the building, while continuing to hold the hand of Shiro, which has the effect of receiving looks of sympathy, questioning and even disgust from passersby. Why disgust? They are just twins after all...