Chapter Twenty Five

Twenty Five

"Et accipe causam occidere, puer meus" It read. 

David's expression dulled "Ita matrem suam" he replied in latin. 

At home,

"Mom.. Like I said pack the things you need most and get the hell out of this place! Go stay somewhere else with your husband as soon as he comes home. Give him a few details.. The lesser he knows the better. We can't let them ruin your life again.. If he doesn't want to go, leave him and run. When the dust settles we'll come find you" Efe spoke too quickly. 

"Okay okay" Chioma sucked in all her words like a vacuum. "Wait a minute let me get you something" Chioma ran into the house as Efe moved to the Driver's seat. The engine kept running making Efe tap her fingers against the white leather steering wheel.

 Two minutes later, Chioma ran out of the house with two white handkerchiefs. She tied it around their necks mumbling in tongues intently. "This will keep you safe" she cried. "Be safe" she ran into the house, heartbroken. David remained quiet until Efe was about to pull out of the gate.

"My daggers.. I forgot my daggers" he spoke.

"We have to leave! We'll get you another set when we get far enough" Efe argued

"It's a custom made Titanium set. You won't find it anywhere else" He replied darkly.

"You have one minute.. You know how urgent this situation is" She spotted something in his tone but brushed it over. 'He isn't in battle' she thought back at their conversation in the mall. 'Maybe he wants to hug Mom' "Hurry!" Efe unlocked the doors.

David marched inside the house, down the hall and into the room where he left his knives. Once he got them, he exited the room but not to go back to the car. He armed himself with the knives, walking around the house. He got to the kitchen and turned up the gas, then he threw the 'Raid' insect spray in the microwave. After that, he jammed one of the German steel doors to minimize the spread of too much fire from the explosion. If the house was going to come down, he didn't want to be in there when it did. Next, he moved up the staircase to meet his enemy. 

"Any enemy of the organization is an enemy of yours. Take charge and kill, my child." Agu's words ran through his mind. 

"Yes mother..." He entered the room. Startled, Chioma wiped her tears and dropped the clothes she was already folding. Drawers hung open and were rid of clothes as she prepared, the vanity table on her right was missing a lot of products compared to an hour ago and a window let in hot air from the early afternoon outside.

"Baby, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be leaving already?" She smiled at him... But he frowned. "David?" Chioma called, concerned. He stepped back, trying... "David baby what's wrong?" she came around the lime green queen size bed, spotting the knives.

"I can't.. I have to.." He mumbled, trying desperately to fight himself.

"Kill.. kill.. kill.. kill.. kill.. kill.. kill" Agu screamed in his head over and over.

"I can't fight it! I can't fight them.. Her!" A tear slipped down his twisted face. Pain burned a hole in his chest. He was losing control of himself again. He knew what this meant. He knew what he was being forced to do. "No no no no no no no"

Chioma had already figured out what was going on. She had a bad feeling that they had done something to her baby boy, that he wasn't himself again. Chioma saw his struggle, she decided.

"It is okay... It's okay.. Shhhh" Chioma soothed. "Baby listen.. It's okay. You don't have to do anything you don't want to" 

"I can't stop!" He cried. Broken and defeated. Tears poured down his face, his eyes were puffy and red from all the effort he made to not plunge that knife in his mother's throat. David's hand shook, veins popped on his head and around his neck and arms .

"Give me the knife." She slowly held his hand, cautious to not speed up whatever was going on in his head. When she had one, she stepped back. "I love you baby.. Don't let anything get to you, don't let anyone control you. Do not let them see you weak!" Streaks of tears glistened down her cheeks and onto her chest as she held the knife tight and close. "You're a king.. Keep your head up! No matter how strong you think you are, you are stronger!! Surpass your limits.. Same goes for you Efe" Chioma smiled at a distraught Efe, standing by the door. "I love you both so much" 

Before Efe's legs could move to react, Chioma slit her own throat with the razor-sharp metal.

"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" Efe shrieked. Tripping and falling on her knees. "No no no no no" her lips and hands trembled. "Mommy mommy"

"I have orders to bring you to the Agency. Please cooperate" David, now completely under Agu's control turned to Efe, he withdrew his dagger from the body.

"We have to leave David!" Efe summoned strength to get off the ground.

"Yes! You're coming with me!!" He deadpanned.

"No you are coming with me" Everything about this robot David angered her. Daggers formed at her ears, hovering there.

"You cannot harm me with those" He smirked. 

"I'm not planning to"

"I am" He shot his blade towards her at light speed but she dodged firing hers at the same speed. Even though he was sure they weren't going to harm him. He dodged them. Efe dug out his blade from the wall and sent it flying right back at him along with lots of hers. He failed to catch the real blade but caught her makeshift one instead, with only a second of shock he sent it back at her and to both their surprise, it landed in her left shoulder. She fell.

"Argh" Efe cried out in pain. She clasped the blade, melting it away.

"Surprise, surprise" He clapped, walking over to her victorious. "This won't hurt a little" David lifted his boot, crushing her injured shoulder.

 Just then, the microwave exploded feeding flames to the gas in the air. When the quake knocked him off his feet, he hit his head on the wall close to him and went unconscious. Meanwhile, a thick glass frame of Chioma in a milk coloured wedding dress fell off the wall and slammed Efe in the head, she too, blacked out.

***********

"David" Efe shook him minutes later. The ceilings were engulfed in flames. "Wake up" she slapped him across the face. 

"Get away from me!" He pushed her away, jumping to his feet "I'm taking you with me. Mother will finally have your head"

"Our mother is dead! The house is collapsing!... " She coughed. "We.. Need.. To.. Get out of here" She covered her nose, to no avail though.  "Rage! Fans now" A little structure appeared in her front but... It was gone a second later. Efe inhaled too much smoke. She dropped to a knee. "David.." Efe gasped "Leave now.. Don't - let them - get you" she coughed.

"I take orders from only mother" David pulled out a burnt wood from the bed frame abruptly hitting her across the head with it. Efe blacked out for the second time that hour. He threw her over his shoulder, as he cleared a path with his mind. The smoke was getting to him too, so pulling together the staircase was a struggle. The weak ground he stood on, broke in a rough shape and descended to the entrance of the house. When it was about a foot from the floor, it crashed into the ground. David crawled out of the now small entrance with his mother's gift. In a gush of air, something pointy attached itself to David's neck, black all stars kicked him in the face putting him to sleep with immediate effect.

Black cars.. 

Heat.. 

Efe.. 

Okafor... 

He succumbed to the darkness.

A/N:
I'm so sorry for the Late Update, I won't give excuses.
The story is wrapping up sha.
Stay safe and stay sharp.
Bye my lovelies.