Chapter 13

Joshua POV

I'd lost track of the days.

Not because of the weakness that had taken me over, although that was a set back, but because of the fact that I had run out of floor space to scratch out each passing day with my now blunt and bloody finger nails.

This had helped to contain some of my sanity as I bled out slowly on the small area of concrete in what seemed to be an under ground cellar of some sort.

With a short, tired, sigh of indignation I began my daily routine of attempting to lift my limbs from the cold, hard ground.

If I died in this hell hole I could at least die knowing that I tried to get back to my sister.

Gritting my teeth I used all the strength I had left in my body to try and force my fingers to move. But, yet again, my fingers would not even tremble.

That blond witch was strong, and she obviously knew what she was doing with the strong mojo she had going just to keep me here. Another aggravating query I've gone over multiple times since being trapped here.

Why trap me?

Who was I but a novice male witch just trying to look after his twin sister?

At that point I had to stop my questions in their tracks. If I continued to ask myself these questions, that persisted to mess with my mind, I would certainly go crazy.

I had to be practical and think of how I would get myself out of here.

Turning my eyes, the only part of my body that I could move, to look at the salt encircling me - keeping my magic at bay - I took a deep breath through my nose as I surveyed it's condition. It was as perfectly formed as it was on the first day the evil hag of a witch laid it.

Closing my eyes I held back the tired tears that wanted to be released in torrents. I was truly helpless and losing hope that Olivia would ever find me.

Just as these thoughts floated through my mind I heard the ominous steps of my keeper descending the cellar steps and the voice that I dreaded to hear follow her - "Joshua dear, do you know what time it is?"

She seemed to adore the fact that I couldn't reply to her.

As she paused her words and walked over to kneel beside my prone form she traced her cold fingers across my pale forehead, and continued with the response that had plagued me throughout my capture - "It's blood letting time.".

Reaching for the dagger she kept stowed in her pocket she hesitated.

The blond witch never hesitated.

Watching her stand swiftly and turn to face the entrance of the cellar, I watched at the door swung open and two pairs of feet descended the stairs.

At this moment I only had eyes for the tall blond teenage girl who had the same colour eyes as myself who had followed the man downstairs, as if she knew that I could not speak, Olivia spoke for me with a tearful gasp as she examined my condition - "I've finally found you, brother."