7

Brenda's POV:

Brenda had woken up around 4 am and went to the Port of Dar Es Salaam to receive a shipment from Madagascar. Samwell Simba and Dickson Dimon (Angel Hunters) had ordered weapons made from a unicorn's horn—it was the only thing capable of killing a low-ranked angel.

Rumors had spread about the blood of an angel granting magicless people a one-time wish after drinking it. Though there were limitations: the wish shouldn't involve harm, manipulation, or power over the world or people. It had to satisfy one's basic needs and desires, like finding love, winning the lottery, and healing one's body from its inflictions.

The Court of Hyenas—a secret society comprising the wealthiest magicless people in Africa—had hired Samwell and Dickson to hunt low-ranked angels and bring them their blood.

"Your prices are too high, Brenda," Samwell moaned while his men carried the large boxes to their vans outside. "Can't you give us a discount?"

"If I give you a discount, then everyone else will want one. I'm running a business here, Samwell, not a charity."

Samwell sighed. "Fine."

"Don't mind him, he's just nervous," Dickson said, while he placed his arm around Samwell's shoulders. "Too many low-ranked angels have gone missing recently and Heaven has noticed. They've dispatched middle-ranked ones to kill us."

Brenda whistled. "Tough luck."

After Samwell and Dickson left, Brenda closed the backdoor and headed to the shop's front, finding Bahati staring at a mannequin in a black flowery dress. He had a measuring tape around his neck and scissors in his back pocket.

"Help me, Brenda," he said.

"With what?" she asked.

"I want to see how the dress looks in different shapes and sizes."

Brenda wanted to smack the back of Bahati's head. Her magic was too good to be used on such nonsense. Nevertheless, she had nothing else to do. There were no more shipments until next week.

Aiming her hand towards the mannequin, she covered it with her magic aura before Bahati did the same with his. Then in a fluid motion, they changed the mannequin and the dress into different shapes and sizes until it satisfied him.

"Thanks," he said, removing the dress from the mannequin and placing it on his arm. Then he headed for the exit.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm returning the dress to Kim. She asked if I could make more for her friends, and now I have an answer."

Brenda raised her eyebrow. "Can you?"

"Of course." He left the shop.

Brenda sat behind the front counter, and the bell above the door rang. A tall, brown-skinned woman entered the store. She wore a long black coat, wide-brimmed sun hat, and sunglasses—looking like she came straight out of a magazine.

She took off the hat and sunglasses, revealing her bright green eyes, button nose, thin lips, and thick brows.

Brenda held back a gasp after recognizing her: Esther Bennet. The necromancer after Binti Nasra's moon magic. She arrived from China a few days ago—a friend who worked at Julius Nyerere International Airport informed her.

The question was: would she be able to take moon magic from Binti Nasra?

There were two ways to acquire moon magic: Natural or Manipulation.

The natural way involved the user dying and the magic going to a random sorcerer on another continent. While the second option required an archangel to manipulate the cosmos and send the magic to a specific target.