lost

a/n: new story!! this is kinda based on the second book series of percy jackson, where percy couldn't remember anything but his name, and annabeth's name, and my head just kinda went here to benley so :))

i hope you like it!

-jyka💕

×+×+×+×

Miranda.

Miranda.

Miranda.

The name rang in his head like a church bell that echoed throughout a whole city.

He didn't know where he was, he didn't know what was going on. But the name rang in his head, like a reminder.

The question is, a reminder of what?

He moved his head side to side, feeling pain all over his ribs, and his legs. His head felt like it had been run over by a train, and there was something sticky on his temple.

Trying his best to move, and ask for help, ask anything, really, because the only thing he can remember is his name, Ben. And--

Miranda.

Finally, with enough strength, his eyes fluttered open. Everything was a blur. The sky was there, in its beautiful blue, with the cotton-like clouds that seemed so beyond his reach. There was a noise of metal creaking, and were those screams?

The horrifying sound made him wince. And his brain probably decided it wasn't worth his energy to hear those traumatizing sounds, so a minute passed by, and he lost consciousness again.

The next time he was waking, he found himself groaning. There was no pain anymore, just… floating. He's floating, and he didn't know how he knew it but he's probably on drugs.

Instead of a scream, there was a steady beat echoing around him. Where was he?

Ben opened his eyes, and bright, very bright lights shined above him. He closed his eyes again.

After a few minutes, he squinted, and blinked his eyes open, getting used to the LED lights above him. Okay, it seemed like he was in a hospital. Again, how the hell did he know that?

He coughed, and there was someone at his door instantly. It was a woman, and Ben didn't recognize her, so he squirmed, trying to get away. "Who are you? Where am I?" His voice was scratchy, and was it always that way?

"I'm Nurse Maia. You're in Idaho." She spoke calmly, approaching him. "You've been in an accident."

Ben frowned. "I-I don't remember."

She nodded as she checked the chart on the table near his feet. "I'll go get your doctor."

"Wait." He said, "Miranda, where is she?"

"Were you in the plane crash with her?"

He was in a damned plane crash? "Uh, no. I… I don't know. She's all I can remember. And my name. Ben. That's it."

She frowned, nodding. "Okay, but let me get your doctor, he'd know more."

Ben's frown deepened as Maia left the room. Okay, so far, he knew he was in an accident, a plane crash, to be exact. Where was he going? It wasn't such a surprise he'd be in a plane. But Idaho, he's in Idaho. Where was he going?

The door to his room opened, and his thought process had to be put to the back of his mind.

"Hello, sir." One woman and one man had their white coats on, and Ben had nostalgia run through his body. What was that? The guy on the right talked first. "My name is Dr. Stephen Willow. I am your neurosurgeon."

The girl on the left spoke next. "And I am Dr. Thea Smith. I'm a surgical resident."

Ben nodded, and turned to look at Dr. Willow. "So, what's wrong with me? Why can't I remember anything?"

The man sighed. "I'm afraid you are suffering from cerebral edema. It's--

"The swelling of the brain," Ben cut him off, surprising himself, and the two doctors. "H-How did I know that?"

Dr. Willow looked at Dr. Smith, before turning back to their patient. "It seems that some part of your brain subconsciously knows some of these things."

"And it might be good for you. Maybe we can ask some questions, and you'll subconsciously answer." Dr. Smith provided. "I can assume you were a doctor before all of this had happened. That narrows the search for your family."

Family. That hadn't even crossed his mind. All he had been thinking was Miranda. Whoever she is, she must be important to him. "Miranda."

"Uh, excuse me?" Dr. Willow asked.

"That's who I remember. Her name. My name is Ben, and she's all I can remember."

The doctors looked at each other, before asking a few more medical-related questions before they left, leaving Ben back in the same state he was before they entered.

His brain was swollen, and it would take time before he started to remember things. Apparently, they couldn't perform surgery on him, as it would probably cause more damage to him.

Ben sighed and closed his eyes. If he could just try, try and remember, maybe he'd get out of here.

No offense to the doctors, and to this hospital, he knew they were only doing their best.

But Ben felt something in the pit of his stomach, a feeling of familiarity, yet it accompanied a feeling of detachment. Like it was close to home, but not quite.

Miranda.

Miranda.

Miranda.

The name echoed in his head, like a lost memory, begging to be found. It rattled around his head, and he can't help but feel as if he needed to know who she is, as if he was being pulled by an unknown force towards something, someone. Towards--

Miranda.

He needed to find her.