Adventures in funeral crashing- by MildaHarris

Critic's note- I will be very honest with my reviews. In fact, I will be brutally honest. I respect your opinion and you are free to share them with me through your valuable comments. But I request you to respect my opinion to and not start an online battle about it. Politeness... And I will be dedicating each review to the author himself/ herself. I also review books and movies on my personal blog. But since this profile is supposed to be anonymous, I will not mention the name. However I'm proud to say it's very popular, thank you very much! So today I will be reviewing one of my favourite stories in one of my favourite genre.
---------
The Adventures in Funeral Crashing...this book looked very exciting and I must say that it was as exciting as it looked.

It is about a 16 year old girl, Kait Lenox, and a 'popular' guy Ethan Ripley, who solve the mystery of Ethan's sisters death. At the first glance, the death can be passed off as a case of overdose of heroin. But as Kait and Ethan investigate, they enter the murky waters of college, murder and drug addiction.

First things first: In most books on Wattpad, I don't know why the 'popular people' are supposed to be bullies and the Hero/heroine is always a nerd. As far as I know, (due to experience), most popular people are not bullies and nerds are not boring. It's just stereotype....

So back to the book:
The characters were vivid, quirky and fun. It was so much fun to be whisked into this book and solve the murder mystery. Kait is really weird with her hobby of funeral crashing(I love weirdos) and Ethan is nice, although he is very much impossible. Talent, sports, studies, looks, popularity, personality-all in one? I don't think so. Then there's Ariel Walker, Troy Matthews and all the rest. But to know about them, you'll have to read and find out.

The world building was typical: normal school, sorta abnormal and nerdy kid, normal family, normal house, one or two exBFFs, a crush, an upcoming dance and all that. You get my point?

One thing I loved about this story was that I wasn't able to even stop reading it until the end, it wasn't STRETCHED like some other stories I've read, it was quirky and different and was one of the best murder mysteries I've ever read.

Well the book lacked Humour..... It could done better with a few more jokes, there could have been some, but they were not memorable enough to remember. And there was cheesy love of course!

I Hate the fact that more than three fourth of the books on Wattpad are cheesy love stories. Wake up people! Isn't there more to life than love? It reminds me of the poem 'All the World's a Stage' by Shakespeare. I recommend it to you, by the way. Confession: I'm in eight grade and I've never had a crush or fallen in love until now. Maybe I'm weird that way. But back to the point: I feel that the story did perfectly well without the romance...

Well in murder mysteries, what we look for is how mysterious and unexpected the murderer is. Well I sorta guessed some stuff (I'm not revealing what, because those are spoilers. And whatever I may be, I'm not a spoilsport.), so what I mean to say was it was a bit obvious. But nevertheless, it was a WONDERFUL book written in a wonderful way by a wonderful author(no doubts about that!)

Critic's ratings:
Overall:4/5
Writing:4/5
Characters:3.5/5
World Building3/5
Mystery:3.5/5
Romance:2/5
Humour:2/5
Ambience: 4.5/5

Another Critic's Note: Dedication- @MildaHarris

A peek into The Critic's Ratings.....Overall is the undetailed rating I give for a book.
Writing is for the way the book was written.
Characters is for the character building and the various dimensions of the characters shown.
World building....is for the world building (Obvio)
'Mystery' is relative....it is the genre of the book and how it lives up to its genre.
Romance.since most books on Wattpad contain at least a bit of Romance, I rate the romance too.
Humour- it is my opinion that humour always make a book much better than it already is.
Ambience is for the feel of the book, and how tempted you are to read it.
Hope you like this review. I'll see Ya soon with another review! :)