four*

This is not a party; it's a hurricane
And no one really cares, so let's pretend
we're all okay

*TW mention of sexual assault

***

Zayn was not impressed with the fact that I had waited until a few hours before the party to tell him. He was even more unimpressed that it was Harry that had invited us.

"C'mon. That Niall guy is probably gonna be there. It'll be fun. We can leave as soon as you want to." I badgered him for the third time.

"Why do we have to? Can't we just continue our movies?" Zayn whined.

I really didn't know why I wanted to go so bad. Maybe it was the promise of free alcohol. Yeah, it was definitely that.

"We can watch movies any night. Please Z. For me?" I put on my best pout and watched him squirm.

"Fine. Only two hours." He huffed, "You know I can't say no to you like that. You play dirty."

I laughed and pumped my fist up in the air.

"Okay. I'll go get ready. Love you, Z." I kissed his cheek as I passed him.

"Yeah, yeah. I know ya do." Zayn pretended to be mad, rolling his eyes at me.

I just gave him a smile and booked it for my room.

My records hadn't been spun in awhile and I decided to put one on while getting ready. I moved the needle onto the disc, the music flowing through the speakers and immediately brightening my mood. There was something different about the way that albums sounded on record players in the best way.

I quickly slathered on a basic face of makeup consisting of cat winged liner, false lashes and a few spots of concealer. After the curling iron was heated, I went through my hair and curled a few pieces of my hair that were flat.

Once I was satisfied, I pulled off my old shirt and leggings, replacing it with a white dress.

I hadn't worn it in awhile and I didn't know why. I fell right back in love with it when I was digging in my closet for something to wear.

Thirty minutes had passed when Zayn came wandering into my room. He let out a low whistle as he entered.

"Shit, Rory. I'm getting a stiffy just lookin' at ya." Zayn said, making me laugh.

"Hm. That's tragic. If only we had some extra time to spare." I let out a dramatic sigh.

"Oh we definitely do. We could even stay here all night." He replied quickly.

I stood up and walked towards him, bringing my palm to rest on his chest.

"I'm really looking forward to those milkshakes." I whispered, leaning in towards his ear.

Zayn brought his hands up to my hips and pulled me closer to him, "I will buy you all the milkshakes your heart desires."