you're just a liar - loki

prompt: you love loki, but in love, there's always complications.

not edited

not edited

loki and you had been together romantically for eight months now and you loved him. you knew he was the one for you and you hoped he felt the same.

"y/n, focus." natasha orders as she sweeps you down from your feet.

"yeah, right," you pause as natasha helps you get up. "sorry." you apologize before continuing.

loki had been on asgard for a couple weeks and he was coming back to you tonight. you could only think about him which was distracting you from training.

thirty minutes later, natasha let you go and you ran to the shower. he would be here soon and you at least wanted to smell good for him.

after washing your hair and body throughly, you hopped out of the shower and did your usual routine. you checked to see the time was 4:23 pm, loki would be here in seven minutes.

you hurried to get dressed and walked into the living room, hoping to find natasha. instead, you heard his quiet, deep voice.

"thor, if some midgardian women is standing in the way of me becoming king, i will not hesitate to stop whatever she thinks we have. after all, i was only there for the pleasures." you heard his evil chuckle along with the sound of your heart breaking.

"you're being ridiculous, loki. i see the way you look at her. you're happier than you could ever be. do you really think a gold throne will bring you the same joy she does because if so, you're lying to yourself." thor pauses, sighing. "don't throw y/n away for nothing." he warns.

"throw her away? she never meant that much to me to throw her away. she was something to pass time, nothing more." loki scoffs, crossing his arms.

"she loves you." thor turns to reason with him.

"too bad the feeling isn't mutual." you cover your mouth to suppress your sobs and close your eyes.

"don't lie to yourself, loki!" thor yells, throwing his hands up. "if she didn't mean a thing to you then why are you here."

"to say goodbye to her, i would never leave a women without closer. i'm not heartless." loki smirks, before walking towards your bedroom.

you hear his footsteps coming your way so you turn and hurry back to your room. you lock the door and crawl underneath the covers, sobbing silently. you couldn't believe the words that came from his mouth. after all you've been through, he was just using you. you though he was different. despite his past, he treated you differently than the others. he made it very clear he was just like every other man out there.

you hear a soft knock and you immediately know its him. you pretend to be asleep knowing he will just phase through the door when you don't answer.

you knew what you wanted and what you deserved, and loki wasn't it anymore. you weren't going to listen to him anymore; he had fed you enough lies.

"darling, i know you're awake." he says softly as he crawls onto the bed.

he sits next to you and kisses your shoulder. you move it away, creating a bigger distance between you two.

"just back to asgard, loki. whatever i thought we had," you pause, looking over your shoulder to see him. "is over." you stand up and turn towards him.

"what do you mean? i'm not going anywhere until you tell me what's wrong." he states, standing up as well.

"don't act innocent, loki! i'm not stupid, go find some other women to mess with." you cross your arms as you hiccup.

no matter how angry you were, nothing could match the heart break you were feeling. the tears slowly fell down your face and you wiped them.

loki's face visibly falls and his chest tightens. he opens his mouth to say something, but nothing comes out.

"goodbye." your voice cracks and he shakes his head, stepping towards you.

"y/n-" he cuts himself off as he finally sees the tears streaming down your face.

he knew he messed up badly. he truly didn't know why he said what he did, maybe it was to convince himself he didn't need or love you.

"i didn't mean it-" you scoff, cutting him off.

"you couldn't think of something more original? i've heard the 'i didn't mean it' or 'it just came out'." you step past him and open your door, now letting anyone hear your conversation. "get out, loki."

he didn't know what to say or do, he never felt so frozen and heart broken. after everything he's been through, this was definitely the worst pain he's ever felt.

"did i stutter?" you ask, your anger taking over.

loki walked towards you just to put his hand over yours on the nob and close the door.

"i'm not leaving, y/n. not until i make this right." he stares down at you while his own tears fall down his face.

this was the first time you've ever seen loki cry, making you almost believe him.

"fine, i'll leave." before he knew it, you opened the door and left.

he was stuck. he didn't know what to do or say.

you knew the only person who could no doubt keep loki from you was thor, so you went to his room. even before you dated loki, thor was one of your best friends. thats how you met his brother.

you knock on his door before hearing thor saying a quiet 'come in'. you quickly shut the door and locked it.

thor already knew what was wrong, so he stood up and wrapped his arms around your shoulders.

"i'm sorry, y/n. i tried to convince him." he feels your tears wetting his grey shirt and he frowned.

"i know, i heard you two talking." he slightly pulls away and wipes your tears. "he's just a liar, thor. all the times he said he loved me was a lie." your bottom lip quivers when you pause.

thor nods, letting you continue.

"i never want to see him again." you rest your cheek back onto his chest and close your eyes.

"you don't have to."

loki stood silently outside his door, his ear pressed against the door. his eyes closed tightly, tears slipping past before he knocks.

"my darling, i will never stop loving you." he says so you could hear him. "goodbye, love." you hear him say.

loki only ever wanted you to be happy and have what you wanted; these past couple minutes made it clear what you wanted and he couldn't be sadder to give you it.

his footsteps faded away as he left to asgard, never to see you again.