fourteen | news

fourteen | news

Nora's POV

"Belle, I'm ho-" My voice dropped off, not finishing my sentence as I saw my best friend sitting on our couch, tears streaming down her face. "Oh my gosh, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I don't know what to do, Nora," Belle wailed out, grabbing my hand tightly as I sat down next to her.

"What's wrong, tell me what's wrong!" I exclaimed,my stomach churning with fear. What could've possibly happened? I haven't seen Belle like this since her grandmother died.

"I don't want to tell you, you're going to kick me out of this house and call me names and judge me and never speak to me again and-"

"Belle!" I yelled, making her rambling stop, "Just tell me what's wrong, I promise nothing you could do would make me hate you."

"Me and Ashton, we...we..." Her voice trailed off.

"Did you and Ashton break up? Oh my gosh, Belle, I'm so sorry!" I frowned, pulling my best friend in for a hug.

"No!" Belle said, pushing me away, "Me and Ashton are having a kid, I'm pregnant."

My eyes widened, I couldn't believe what I had just heard. Belle was pregnant? Never in a million years would I have thought that this would happen.

"Oh, I..." My voice came out weak, I wasn't exactly sure what to say. How does one respond to news like this?

"I know, I'm a terrible person. I can't believe I let this happen!" Belle said, then broke down crying again.

I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into my chest, "No, shh, it's alright. You aren't a terrible person, it'll be okay. Can you try to calm down? I think it'll be best if you try to calm down and relax. Here, I'm gonna go make you some tea, why don't you lay down in bed and try to forget about it, we can talk about this later, just don't worry about it right now."

Belle nodded, wiping her damp cheeks with the sleeves of her sweater. She stood up, and slowly made her way over to our shared bedroom.

I got up too, going into the kitchen to quickly make her tea. What a horrible thing to happen. I mean, sure it's great that a new life is going to come from all this, but what a horrible thing that this is happening now in Belle's life. I always told her that she and Ashton should take it slower and not be as "active", but I'm not going to be the dick who says 'I told you so!' because that's ignorant.

I set the tea kettle on the stove, turning the stove on and making my way to the bedroom. I saw Belle sitting on the edge of her bed, slightly shaking while chewing on her nails, a nervous habit of hers. Seeing her like this made me want to completely break down too. I loved her with everything inside of me, she's literally the only person in my life who's sticked with me and not caused any problems.

"Belle..." I said softly, sitting down next to her, wrapping my arms around her curled up body.

"I don't know what to do," She whispered out, her voice slightly cracking.

"I know, it'll be okay. You don't need to do anything, not now, at least. Just take it easy, okay? We can talk about all of this tomorrow once you've calmed down. I know it's still sorta early, but you're gonna go to bed right now. You need the rest."

Belle nodded, then slowly left my arms, finding her way under the covers in her bed.

Just as I was about to join her, I heard the tea kettle start whistling. Silently, I got up and went to the kitchen, wishing I knew how to comfort my friend in her time of need.

-

long time no update guys, i'm here to tell you im back! i'll try to update the best that i can