Chapter Two

+PLEASE READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE BOTTOM AFTER YOU FINISH THIS CHAPTER+

"You aren't worried about what the aptitude test will tell you" Beatrice asks.

I raise my eyebrow, "Are you?" To deflect her question.

"Not really..." She says.

"We'll have a good day, I'll see you after the test" I smile and walk away.

Something in her tone told me she was worried, that made me nervous. Could Beatrice be thinking of leaving abnegation? She has always had her own way about her and found it hard to fit perfectly into selflessness but I don't think she would leave Caleb thought.

Lunch came quick so that meant that the aptitude test was less than an hour away.

The test begins, I sit at the abnegation table, and glance at Beatrice, she still has that look of worry about her. It's quite unsettling because something seems wrong.

My name is called in the next group of people, I stand and walk to the area outside of the cafeteria. There are ten rooms, I walk into room 5 where an erudite volunteer is waiting. Most of the volunteers for aptitude tests are from abnegation but they have two volunteers for the abnegation kids.

The room I enter is completely white with mirrors covering all of the walls, the ceiling is covered in bright florescent lights and chair that belongs in a dentists office sits in the middle. With a machine sitting next to it.

The girl who is to administer the test wears a blue cardigan and skirt, with a white top underneath. She is quite pretty with golden hair and blue eyes that pop.

"Sit down please goody-goody. My name is Cara" the young woman says.

"Ok Cara, and what's the goody-goody thing about?" I ask her.

"You're part of that no good selfless goody-goody bunch, abnegation. Let's just just get this over with, I have to deal with several of your types today." She says indignantly.

I sit down and she attaches wires to me, herself and the machine behind her. She shoves a vial of clear liquid into my hand and says "drink this."

"What's it do?" I ask. "What's going to happen?"

"Just drink it," she responds.

I put the vial to my lips and drink it in one gulp. My eyes close on their own.

I awaken in what appears to be the cafeteria, there is a knife and cheese sitting on the only table. What is this I think to myself.

"Choose" a woman's voice says.

A giant dog appears and begins to bear it's teeth at me. I can feel the fear rise through my body like steam. The knife and cheese have disappeared. "Come here boy, it's ok. Here boy" I say as I get on my knees. The dog rushes at me in what seems like an attempt to attack, I tremble in fear of my mistake, sweaty and pale. I'm gonna die, it's going to kill me and that's it.

It jumps and before I know it I'm being licked by a puppy.

I come out of the simulation, my hands are covered in sweat.

"Who would of thought a goody-goody like you would get this result" Cara says.

"What do you mean" I respond.

"Your response was that of an Erudite" she says with a shocked tone in her voice.

I walk back out to the cafeteria and sit down, I can feel Beatrice looking at me, I wipe the sweat off my shaking hands. I know that I must be white as a sheet.

I wait out in the cafeteria for Beatrice since we are suppose to head home together, I don't know what is taking her so long, my test didn't take that long. I wonder what's going on.

People start filing out of the cafeteria and I am standing there with just Susan. A woman with all black and tattoos approaches me.

+ FOLLOW, COMMENT. ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY I WANT TO HEAR. IT WILL HELP ME GET BETTER AND TAKE IT IN THE DIRECTION YOU GUYS WANT MORE OF +