Chapter 54

L.A. 11 a.m.
Y/n POV –

“Are you sure you’re okay, babe?” Ethan asks me as we leave the doctor’s office. It’s Thursday. Two days before Valentine’s Day. Two days before our wedding. Ethan has been trying to drag me to the doctor for weeks now and I finally gave in.

“Babe..” he said yesterday when he traced my freckles with his fingertips. “I made the promise to take care of you. It’s my duty. So, I made a doctor’s appointment for you.” He continued. I love him. I love him for that. For doing all the things I’m trying to put off.

I grab his hand and our fingers intertwine. “I’m good.” I say as I smile at him.

He looks at the band aids in the crooks of my arms and frowns his brows. “They drew a lot of blood. Please tell me if you start feeling lightheaded.” Ethan says as he brings my hand to his lips and kisses the back softly. My tummy releases all the butterflies again and I can’t help but smirk. My heart slowly but surely overflows again with love. Filling my entire body with this warm and calm, but sizzling feeling. We lock eyes and like the very first time we locked eyes, I fall in love with him all over again. “I can’t wait to marry you..” We both say simultaneously. Leaving us in shock, staring at each other with wide eyes. If my heart wasn’t bursting already, it is now when we both become aware of our unexplainable connection again.

Ethan helps me in the car and calls Ava as soon as we drive off. She’s at our house and picks up the phone immediately. “Hey E!” I hear her voice echo through the speakers of the car. “How did the doctor appointment go?” She asks and I hear Grayson’s voice in the background. “Is Y/n okay?” he asks Ava. Ethan smiles at me when he hears the worry in Grayson’s voice and we both laugh when Ava tries to shush him. “Hey A!” I chuckle. “Oh my God! You are still alive!” Ava laughs. “See, I told you it wasn’t that bad!” Ava adds. “What did they say?” she continues. Okay, she was right. It wasn’t that bad, going to the doctor. But I just don’t like it. Doctor’s, needles, medication. I could easily do without.

“I feel like they drew 3 gallons of blood.” I tell her and explain that the doctor thinks my body is having a hard time dealing with the stress. “She doesn’t want me to do anything stressful.” I laugh, thinking about our upcoming wedding. “So, that's where you come in, Ava!” Ethan shouts through the car. “I don’t want y/n to have any stress over the wedding.” He adds and Ava immediately chimes in. “Got it! I will make sure to take care of all the finishing touches!” She squeals happily, as if we just let her be in charge of organising the Super Bowl. “The two of you should do a road trip or something for the next two days and just enjoy each other.” Ava says and Ethan turns his head towards me. I know exactly what he is thinking.

The only road trip we went on together was the one from Santa Barbara to L.A. Where we kissed for the first time and confessed our love for each other for the very first time. “Oh my god..” I breathe. “I’d love that!” I say as I smile at Ethan. He immediately reciprocates my smile and nods. “Then that’s what we’re gonna do!” He says enthusiastically. “If we leave now, we can be back in 24 hours. Just in time for our wedding!” Ethan adds. “I’ve got the perfect place to go to!” he continues. We hear crackling on the other side of the phone and Grayson’s voice sounds muffled and far away. “If you guys go to Sequoia National Park I wanna come with!!!” He yells. The sound of scuffling in the background and crackling over the phone line keeps Ethan and me from responding to Grayson’s words.

We’re closely listening to what is happening in the house when an out of breath Ava takes over again. “No, Grayson! Give me the phone! No sex for you, if you won’t give me the phone back now!” We hear her scream at Grayson who is roaring with laughter. “You can’t go with them, because you need to help me with the wedding!” She says as her voice now sounds muffled. They’re clearly playing fight over the god damn phone. “I’m not gonna help you with the wedding planning if you’re banning me from having sex!” Grayson answers in response and suddenly the call ends.

“Great!” Ethan sighs. “One of them probably sat on the phone.” He adds as he starts to chuckle. I can’t help but laugh at those two love birds. Who happen to be two of my best friends now. Grayson, the man who cheated on me with Ethan’s ex. Ava, the woman who was trying to take Ethan away from me, at least that is what I thought. Both of them so in love right now.

Grayson, being Ethan’s twin in every way possible. And Ava, who in the most unexpected way possible happens to be my twin, my mirror. We don’t just love the same fragrances and love identical men, but we think alike, have a similar mindset, thought process and attitude. I can tell her everything. Nothing is off limits, nothing is too weird, nothing will be judged. I trust her with my life and am convinced that we are meant to be in each others lives. Just as much as Ethan belongs by my side, Ava does as well.