4. No Lord Nor Lady

*Photo of Raina

My palms pressed against the door, pushing it open becoming face to face with an white haired angel. No not white hair.. sliver. Her hair not at all a usual color for a woman of young age although she still looked like a young girl with it. Her coiled curls cascaded down her back resembling a waterfall of silveriness.

I felt my fingers itch to thread my fingers through it.

"Hello Nova," My heart was beating as her name echoed through the room.
___________________________

•Nova•

I turned to become face to face with a man. His figure was statuesque. I held my chin high as he addressed me, though I did not know his name.

"Who are you?"

A gleam flashed through his dark eyes as he ran his hand through his moppy wisp of hair that sat tussled.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"You know my name, but I am not allowed to know yours?" My head tilted sideways a bit staring the mystery man with a bewildered look.

"Very well. My name is Wilder." He walked over to the table that sat in the corner and poured himself some rum.

"What happened? What are you going to do with me?"

"So many questions little lady. I'm sorry to say but I don't not yet wield the answers."

"Who does?" My confusion was clearly painted on my face.

"God." He threw his head back, allowing the rum to slide down his throat.

I stood there in silence staring at the ground unsure of what to do. My eyes darted around thinking of what I should say to break the unbearable silence.

"Thank you."

He now held the puzzled look in his eyes. "No need to thank me, Nova."

The door opened and in walked a man I hadn't seen before. He was tall and lean, and his bow rested in his large hand.

He nodded his head in my acknowledgement then proceeded to talk to Wilder about something.

I did not quite understand due to the fact that they were talking about battle things with which I was not familiar with. My eyes widen as one word stuck out his to me. Lord Stallway.. It echoed in my mind suddenly causing me to feel hot.

"Excuse me.." I ushered myself out of the room without a glance at either of them, and started to run down the hall. I could hear my name being called out, but I didn't stop.

They couldn't be trusted. I had to keep moving. It was not safe in this place. A arm snaked around my waist, pulling me back against a hard wall... Or person.

"Unhand me!"

"Little lady... Why are you running from me?" He whispered almost as if he was offended by it.

"I have to go. I do not belong here. I must leave at once."

"Where do you belong then? I will take you there."

Don't trust anyone.

"I can take myself." I spat out at him, pushing myself away from him, and out of his grip.

He stepped back from me, staring out the window. His emotions under readable. "You may leave if you wish." Without giving me even the slightest glance he turned on his heels and walked away.

******

I sat right outside the Manor in which the men lived in. He was not a lord that I am sure of. Though he was a leader of some sort with is the reason his men follow him.

"Mi'lady..." Raina's soft voice interrupted my thoughts."What are you doing outside?"

"I... I'm leaving."

"Is it because of Wilder? What did he do? Oh Mi'lady do not go." She kneeled beside me, shaking my shoulders to make sure I was listening to him.

"No no. Wilder seems like a wonderful man, but I don't belong."

"I'm not an assassin or a Hunter either."

My eyebrows pushed themselves together."that's what these men are.. Isn't.. Isn't that Illegal."

"I suppose... But they don't just go around killing people.. Well.. I mean they usually have a reason." She shrugged his shoulders dismissing the whole situation.

Perhaps I should stay... I will have protection if Lord Stallway comes for me. I lock my eyes on Raina, "I may speak with Wilder."

********

•Wilder•

"I let her go."

"You did what? What were you in thinking? Who is going to protect her from Stallway?" Alec threw his hands up in frustration as he paced the halls.

"She did not wish to be here... I could not force her to stay."

Alec leaned against the stone and wall not knowing what to say.

"It's my place to tell her to do something. this does not change anything though. We will proceed with the plan with Stallway-"

"Wilder." I felt her presence before I heard her voice. She stood there, cheeks redden with embarrassment.

"May I have a word?"

___________________________

Hello Readers! I'm so happy to have you guys reading this. I would love to interact with you guys some more so don't hesitate to contact me or comment. *Hands out free chocolate* I'm nice I swear.