07 | Shattered Glass

Hey! I have a project I was wondering if you guys would be interested in joining in on

Nora nibbled on her fingernail and hit Send. She couldn't believe she was doing this. Why didn't her mouth let her think before saying something stupid? And, of course, she hadn't actually worked up the courage to message the rest of her friends before Nolan changed his mind, so now she was stuck doing exactly what Willow had suggested she avoid.

At least she'd told Nolan to meet at church so she could buy herself some time. She was just glad he hadn't insisted on talking during lunch. If he had, she didn't know what she would have done.

Seen by Willow.

Nora's grip tightened on her phone. Yes, Willow already knew, but still. People were seeing her message. It was official.

A soft ding! Her heart stuttered. Just Willow, in their private chat.

He changed his mind, didn't he?

...yes.

Welp.

Welp was an understatement.

Look at it this way: YOU GET TO MAKE A MUSIC VIDEO!! My best friend, a star

Nora's stomach hurt.

Everything would be fine. This was just a way to help out Nolan. It wasn't like her video would take off or anything. And even if it did, so what? It was one video. It didn't mean anything.

Her dad hardly went on the computer anymore, and, when he did, he definitely wasn't checking out what she was up to. So, as long as she kept the production out of the house, it should be fine. Fine. Just fine. Everything was fine.

She returned to their group chat, dubbed fine fam from alabam since Sophomore year.

Seen by Andy

Seen by Max and Erin

👍🏻

Max. A man of many words.

I'm intrigued. Per chance, what is your request?????

I'm also in and also curious! (:

There wasn't any going back now. She tapped her fingers against her comforter and glanced at her bedroom door. Her dad wasn't home, and wouldn't be until at least 5:30 (if he didn't stop at a bar afterward), but his presence was palpable.

She bit her lip and started to type.

Sooooo basically you know how Andy was hounding me to make a YouTube channel?

OMGOMGOMGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Candy Cane, your use of punctuation legitimately pains me.

Shut up, Sison!!!!! I'M TOO DAMN EXCITED.

Swear jar.

So you want to make a music video of one of your songs?

Ah, Erin—she never failed to bring the subject back to the task at hand. Nora smiled softly.

Yeah! Right now, though, I'm concentrating on a single music video

Maybe if she used the smiley emoji enough, she'd feel it. Was that a thing? It should be a thing. She wanted it to be a thing.

A couple swear jars later, everyone was in. Relief melded with her anxiety. She was so lucky to have them. Thank You. She grabbed her necklace and looked at the ceiling. Thank You for the fine fam from alabam.