i. pilots and memories

[Y/N] [L/N] had known Charles Exavier and Raven Darkholme since the three of them were sixteen. The three went to the same boarding school in London, and unfortunately for two parties involved, they were roommates. And why was that an unfortunate circumstance? Because they were always found bickering and fighting with the other.

The problem would end up esculating into an incident that almost got the two of them expelled. And from that moment on, the two would be inseperable friends from then and no one would see it coming.

"So how exactly did you two become friends again?" asked the brown haired boy known a the sixteen-year-old Charles Xavier as the two females walked over to him.

It was the beginning of the winter holidays and the students were all allowed to go home for the next three weeks. And Raven Darkholme had invited her new friend and roommate of one year, [Y/N] [L/N], to spend the break with her and the Xavier family.

"We've been roommates since she arrived at this crummy school at the beginning of the second semester last year, Charles." Raven told her foster brother.

"Then why didn't you invite her to spend a couple weeks with us over the summer?" he replied.

"I think he caught us there, Rae." the other girl with [H/C] hair said as her arm was looped with her friends. "Your brother is smarter than he looks." You really don't think that, do you? No.

"I always thought you were smart too, by the way. With being third in class by the way." Charles told her as he put their bags into the trunk of the car while the two girls hopped into the back of the car.

So do you want me to tell Charles about your mutation or do you just want to let him find out on his own? It sounds more fun to just have him figure it out on his own. I always like a good game. Trust me. I know.

"Sorry if it feels a little cramped back there. I wasn't planning for the extra company until Raven told me about it a couple days ago." Charles apologized.

"It's fine, Charles. I'm sure [Y/N] doesn't mind." Raven replied as she laid down on top of her friend. Yeah. I don't.

**

"

What are you doing out here so late?" Charles asked from the door of the manor with two mugs in his hands.

[Y/N] turned towards the voice that had taken her from her thoughts. "I can't sleep. How did you know I was out here?"

"I heard someone walking around. I know Raven wouldn't be up now. She's asleep, same as our parents. Here. It's Hot Apple Cider." Charles handed her one of the mugs.

"Thank you, Charles." she nodded at him as she took the mug from his hand and took a sip of the beverage most people would have in the autumn, close between Halloween and Thanksgiving. "And I meant how did you know where to find me?"

"It was just a guess, I guess." he smiled at her as he took a seat beside her. "Although I do remember an instance of Raven complaining that the room was cold because you left the balcony doors opened so you could see outside. Do you wanna tell me what happened between you two? How you became friends? Or do I have to pry it out of you?"

"

Well we almost got expelled, but then we didn't get in trouble at all, so I guess after that academic threat, we decided to become friends. I guess that is how it happened." There is no way I am going to tell him the truth. He might believe me.

"I didn't exactly hear what happened, but I expected you two to at least get a couple days of suspension, but then you guys didn't get anything. So what happened?" he asked her.