Vegeta..

⚠️ Vegeta's dad's name will be bejita as to not confuse anyone. Also slight gore warning and trigger warning for anyone of self-harm, abuse, or suicidal thoughts ⚠️

P.s please don't harm yourself or end your life early. Things'll get better I promise :)

^*^*^*A couple days later*^*^*^

"Don't hurt him! He's just a child!" "If he can survive beating his little brother to a pulp then he can handle being beat to one himself!" "No.." "Daddy I'm sorry!" "Please. No.." "Please bejita, spare him! Spare our son!" King bejita dragged his eldest son into a dark room and locked the door behind them. He grabbed a whip and hammer of a shelf nearby. Kid vegeta knew this place all too well. "No..! Please!" Tears started running down vegeta's cheeks. He tried to move but something was holding him still. His throat felt dry and burned due to his crying and screaming. He watched as the man before him lifted his hand and beat him. He wasn't able to stop him.

"Stop! Stop! No more! No! Please stop!" Vegeta arched his back and gasped a breath of air as his eyes shot open. He was awoken to violent shaking from his savior, both covered in sweat. Tears were still running down his face when he realized who had saved him from his nightmare. "Kakarot" Vegeta lunged into goku's muscular arms. Goku ofcourse hugged him back but he was very worried. "Shhh. It's okay vegeta. I'm here." He rubbed vegeta's back trying his hardest to sooth the upset older saiyan. He sat vegeta in his lap and started humming that lullaby as vegeta rested his head on goku's shoulder. The song Grandpa gohan used to sing to him apparently didn't only sooth the taller saiyans ears.

Soon goku heard soft purring. Gently and slowly he set vegeta down onto the bed. He took his shirt from off the floor and slid it between vegeta's arms. He cautiously watched as vegeta quickly wrapped his body around the shirt. He had a peaceful expression. Something you don't see often when it comes to vegeta.

Goku kissed vegeta's cheek putting a small saccharine smile on vegeta's face. "I love you vegeta"

Vegeta had been having nightmares since their wedding. Or at least the ones goku has witnessed. But really vegeta had been having these nightmares since childhood. In fact, what happened during his childhood is the cause of the nightmares. Memories constantly playing on loop, voices getting louder by the day. He was weak. And he hated it. So he swore to himself he would never be weak again. He looked at himself in the mirror. Chanting those words, "I am not to be weak anymore. I am not to be weak anymore. I am not to be weak anymore." as he cut his bangs off. His only remaining physical memory of his mother.

\/\/\Goku pov/\/\/

Later vegeta woke up again at around seven in the morning. His usual wake up time. I couldn't sleep knowing he was fighting himself on wether or not he should me. When he woke up he pretended as if nothing had happened. He had been doing so since his first nightmare. 'Vegeta..' I thought. I wanted him to tell me what was bothering him but I knew he wasn't gonna automatically tell me. Something had to trigger it. But what?

•°•°•°Narrative cause I said so°•°•°•

The day went by pretty slow today for most people. It was a normal boring day with nothing to do. Well, except vegeta ofcourse. The day couldn't have gone by faster for him. He didn't want to go back to sleep for the nightmares would have the chance to haunt him once again.