Chapter One

+PLEASE COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN IN FUTURE CHAPTERS+

The bland grey room only had a bed, dresser, and desk. The young man sat on his bed reading, the cravings for knowledge he had were never fulfilled. The stack of hidden texts behind his dresser were proof of this.

Caleb was only a few days away from the aptitude test and choosing ceremony. He knew that being the model abnegation he was, he would choose to stay with his parents or at least that was what he felt at the time.

"Caleb what are you doing, it's dinner time" Beatrice said outside his closed door.

"Give me on second, I'm just finishing up some school work." Caleb replied. I hurried to hide the text book unrelated to anything at school. Just as I had slid it behind the dresser Beatrice opened the the door.

"What's taking you so long Caleb, I'm hungry." Beatrice said looking at him indignantly.

"Beatrice that's not very selfless of you, you're more concerned about yourself and getting to eat" Caleb replied. Beatrice gave him a look of annoyance and walked out of his room.

Caleb was always the first of the Prior children to give up his seat to an elder, or to help the people around him. It was the selflessness of abnegation and how he had been raised.

Dinners were always the same, the whole family would sit around the table to hear about each others day, and then it would be time for Caleb and Beatrice to clean the dishes.

Dinner went by very fast and the dishes didn't take too much time to clean. Caleb was ready for the aptitude test day to come, and choosing to be over. I wasn't too nervous about it either, I was interested in what the aptitude test was going to be and to get it over with.

The next day flew by, and Caleb was prepared to leave for the aptitude test, as Beatrice and I walked down the street to the bus stop to head to school I could tell something was bothering my sister. I didn't pry about what was bothering her, because it would probably lead to me making her mad

As I stand on the bus curious about what is bothering Beatrice, I catch he looking at me out of the corner of my eye. The bus halts to a stop with a lurch, the people around me file off the bus. I walk out slowly grabbing the bar as I exit. Beatrice walks beside me in silence, with the hoots and shouts of the dauntless's arrival.

We reach the door and as we pass through it Beatrice says "Aptitude tests today." I simply nod as we pass through the doors. Knowing that once I choose tomorrow my fraction will take over my education and I will no longer walk through these doors.

+PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GIVE FEEDBACK AND TO FOLLOW, I WILL BE WRITING MORE SOON, I HAVE ALREADY STARTED ON CHAPTER TWO AND SHOULD HAVE IT PUBLISHED LATER TONIGHT!!!+