High School

"High School. New Year, New me!", Tiffany says as we enter the doors of Jacobs High. I throw her a straight face "You say that every year."

Tiffany has been my best friend since second grade when I offered to be her friend during recess. She was sitting under the slide crying because she felt left out when I came over and offered her a smore pop tart. I'm such a good friend.

We open the bronze doors of the beige building. Perfume, bleach, and strong cologne greet my nose, causing me to sneeze. "That's the smell of high school girl, get used to it.", Tiffany, who had no reaction to the horrible smell, says as she gives me a nudge. We make our way to the auditorium, where the other ninth graders are held until we are assigned classes and given schedules. The auditorium is huge with one big chandelier in the middle, a wide stage, about one thousand seats, and four windows on each side with beige shades. It was half empty. Everyone looks lost but happy as they make new friends. Tiffany and I cruise down the aisle looking for a place to sit.

I spot two seats in front of a group of girls. We make our way to the row as I am tripped by the blonde one who looks as if she just assembled her crew. A couple people from her clique look as if they were forced to be her minions. I can already tell she's the leader. "Nice vans.", she says and takes a double take on my outfit "Nice outfit.", she adds trying to hide a smirk. My outfit is casual: a white tee that says 'Royalty' under a button down blue plaid shirt with skinny light blue jeans, galaxy vans with my hair in a messy bun. I find it funny that it's the first day and she's trying to be that popular mean girl with minions so I laugh and take my seat with Tiffany, leaving the blonde girl with a dumb founded look.

We start random talk and occasionally hear the blonde girl laughing too loudly probably to get our attention but we ignore it. She's going out of her way for no reason which makes me laugh again.

More kids fill in and the assembly soon begins.

I zoned out because this is boring and the blonde girl kept making remarks about the teachers and other kids with us. "Nice one, Ally.", one of her minions say while giggling in response to her joke. So her name is Ally.

When the assembly is over and we receive out schedules, Tiffany is telling me the important things I missed which is really nothing. Just the wings of the school is all I need to remember.

Tiffany and I have the same first period class so we make our way there and point out cute boys for fun. Ally and her crew shove pass us in the staircase while in a fit of giggles probably 'about us'. I laugh again.

UGH, SOCIETY.

~~~~~~

A/N

Hi.

New book. I'm somewhat new to writing so yeah. Thanks for reading.