Faceless

hey this is a new story

i'm sorry that it's a bit rough I wrote it in a hurry

thanks for reading

<3

vote/fan/comment

-XxreadabookxX

                                                                     **********

   “Officer Whitely we have an armed robbery down at Eve Road.” The static voice comes from my radio.

   I pick it up reluctantly. “But I was just about to fill up on donuts!” I protest, loudly.

   I’m sitting at a gas station preparing to fill up both my car and myself at the same time. I’m starving! I haven’t eaten all day because of my work. You know, I think there’s something with the season of winter because for some reason, in this town, people like to kill, steal and vandalise.

   “You do know that that is just a police stereotype.” The crackly voice goes on. “Now go and stop that robbery.”

   “I’m nowhere near Eve Road, anyway.” I complain.

   “By the time we finish having this conversation the thief will have gotten away.” they reply.

   “Good, then I can go and get my donuts.” I say opening the car door. I love donuts.

   “Officer Whitely drive to Eve Road now.” The voice says, harshly.

   “Alright, alright! I’m going.” I slam the car door shut and put down the radio. I shove the keys in the ignition and smack my foot on the pedal.

   “Stupid person not letting me eat delicious donuts.” I mumble to myself.

   At times like these I wonder why I ever became a police officer.

   The roads are dark and empty at this time of night it’s incredibly creepy. I wish that my partner, Will Burrow, was here to keep me company.

   The car windows are fogging up because it’s the freezing cold outside. An icy shiver runs down my spine as I approach the town Dire. Weird name, I think as I near it. I look over to the town as I pass. Are those two people fighting? I step on the breaks and get out of my car.

   I quickly cross the road and enter the town. The entry is surrounded by trees that could touch the moon if they tried. The two men are still fighting.

   “Hey!” I call grabbing my gun out of its holster. Even though I’m far away a gun should scare them enough to make them stop. I aim it at them. “Hey!” I yell louder this time. They look up at me and freeze at the sight of the gun. Their bodies clearly have melted because they bolt away quicker than wind. I let out a deep sigh causing a cloud of smoke to exit my mouth. I’m here, now. I may as well check out the town.