Till we Meet Again

My hands were clenched into fists. My mind was going numb. All I could think about was all of those people there. All of their eyes on me, watching my every move. Curse my stage fright! My love of music holds no bonds; but when it comes to expressing my love to the world, I instantly freeze.

Why must it be so hard for me? I'm ready, I know I am! I pounded my fist on a tree that I was leaning on. I was at a park. Melody park if I recalled. I was getting ready for my performance; when my fear of performing took over me, and I some how found myself at the park.

Now under a mighty tree, I sat down on the grass. "I'm hopeless" I sighed to myself, I leaned my head back on the trunk of the tree. "Now I wouldn't say that". I quickly got up to see a boy in front of me; looking no older than a year apart from my age. He continued, "there are a lot of hopeless people out there. And even then, they find their place in the world, what makes you different?".

Now smiling sweetly, the boy waited for an answer. We stared at each other for a minute; when I finally answered. "I have stage fright". The boy chuckled. "Now that doesn't seem too bad, hey you'll get over it, everyone does eventually". I laid my head back on the three trunk. "But it's just not that. My whole life depends on if I can overcome it. I tried, I truly tried! But the pressure of it all, knowing my future depends on that single performance. It's too nerve racking.".

Wait why am I telling him all this?! I don't even know him! Then I remembered a book I once read. My favorite sentence was when a man said to the confused girl, "sometimes it's easier to talk to a stranger, than to talk to a friend".

I looked around, good, there are people around us. That way if he tries to kidnap me, I know there are people near by. Taking a seat next to me, I turned my head to face him. Sucked in to my thoughts, I didn't notice him walking to me, till he started sitting down.

"Performing huh? Ya I remember this one time; man was I scared! I had to preform in front of hundreds of people. But you know what helped me go on?" he paused as I stared at him. "Seeing my other classmates in their girly tu-tu's and flower costumes". I laughed, something I haven't done since I heard about my up coming performance. Which was probably going on now. I was actually one of the 3 last people to go up so I knew there was no rush. Though I didn't even know if I should go or not.

"But this isn't just some preschool performance." I smiled at him as I answered. "Preschool! I have you know that this happened when I was in kindergarten!". "I mean if everything went wrong on that day, I could have been scared for life!". As the boy said this, he had his hand above his heart, and had his mouth wide open looking offended.

We looked at each other for a moment, then burst out laughing. I didn't even know why. The joke wasn't all that funny, but laughing seemed to have just came up. After we calmed down, we were silent. This guy was actually really nice, and was easy to talk to.

"So, do you just randomly go up to people, and ask them questions like this all the time?". He make a jokingly serious face. "Well, now that you mentioned it; I sometimes just stare at them from afar first. While I'm eyeing them, I like to make this clicking noise; you know the regular human stuff. Then when the timeing's right I go over, and casually talk to them".

He suddenly made a random clicking noise, showing me what he meant before. "Oh! now I don't feel so special" I started pouting. "Well, you're the first to ever not look at me weirdly; that's a first!" The boy gave me two thumbs up, while grining from ear to ear. I scoffed "yeah I'm sure I am".

"By the way what's your name?" surprisingly he asked first. "Well it depends.... are you a rapist? A kidnapper? *gasp* are you going to stalk me through the computer saying you're someone else?". The guy looked at me oddly; what? I'm just making sure. He smiled and shook his head; "No I'm not any of those". I laughed "okay then. But I want to know your name first". "Ryan". He lifted his hand. "Lilly". I accepted and shook it.

Hi! so this is my first Published book on wattpad! I hope you liked it :3. As you can see, I'm not the best writer but I do try. So thanks for reading this chapter; I will post chapter 1 if someone actually enjoyed this book. bye! :)