Chapter 1 - Prologue

My eyes shot open, I was drenched in a cold sweat and was numb from my head to my toes. I was in my bedroom, but something felt off. It was almost like this was a de facto version of my bedroom. I took a glance at my nightstand next to my bed, the lightbulb of my old lamp was flickering on and off from the extensive amount of time I must've had it on. Beside my lamp was a letter in a bright yellow envelope. Strange color choice, but I won't question it much. I gently ripped open the wax-sealed letter and took out the paper inside.

"Congratulations! You have been chosen through a lottery to be a student at Shyka Academy!"

What? Chosen through a lottery? Shyka Academy? What kind of scam is this? While trying to get myself out of bed, despite the strange pain my body was going through, I noticed a uniform hanging on the doorknob of my closet. I slowly placed my feet on the ground, sitting at the edge of my bed and using all of my strength, I got myself standing.

After much struggling, I walked over the door of my closet. There was a tan cardigan, a black sweater vest, a white collared shirt, and a peach tie and skirt. Is this my uniform? What happened while I was asleep?

What is happening?