Chapter 3

Hey guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter and if you do, please vote and comment! Like pretty, pretty please vote and comment! Thanks for reading :)

Sapphire's POV

As I walked downstairs hand in hand with Mandy, the butterflies in my stomach went into overdrive. I knew my fear was irrational, especially after what Mandy had said, but I couldn't help but be wary of everything. Things were going too fast, and I knew it was going to take me some time to come to terms with everything that was going on.

Taking one last deep breath before we rounded the final few steps into the living room, I prepared myself for the onslaught of emotions that was sure to come. No matter how prepared I thought I was though, nothing had prepared me for what was waiting at the end of the stairs.

As I had been taking my foot off the final step and was setting down my other foot, I was suddenly lifted up into the air and couldn't stop my sharp intake of breath. "What the hell?" I yelled when I found myself spinning around the air in confusion, until my wolf suddenly howled in recognition and I realized whose arms I was in.

Rather than fight him at this point, I relaxed into the hug, enjoying the overbearing happiness my wolf was feeling. "I missed you," I mumbled into his shoulder, as he started putting me down, still keeping me tight to his body.

"Like I missed you Sapph," he whispered back, and my arms around him only got tighter, enjoying the familiarity we shared. My wolf rejoiced, as she recognized his wolf as someone she trusted. He was one of the only people she was ever willing to show vulnerability around, and she had missed the purity of the relationship we shared.

As he pulled back slightly so I could see his blue eyes and smiled at me showing me his trademark dimple, I decided to break the silence. "We have a lot to catch up on Eric," I kept my tone soft, still caught up in the moment with one of the people I loved most.

"Later, beautiful. Later." He hugged me back to him, giving me another tight squeeze, before letting me go and putting his arm around my shoulder. That was when my bubble burst, and I realized that everyone who was around had been staring at us, most with smiles on their faces. Unable to say anything else, I sheepishly raised my hand and waved. "Hey guys...it's been a while huh?"

Everyone remained silent, and my heart began pounding louder, my previous fear coming back. That was until the silence was broken by a short, stout woman with graying hair and deep brown eyes moving in front of me. "You bet your butt it has been! No calls, no letters, no nothing huh Sapphire? Is that how you treat family? You're so lucky I missed you so much, or else I would have been tanning your hide right now, young lady!" She ended her tirade with a stern look.

"I missed you too Aunt Lara-" was all I was able to get out before I was in her arms too, being choked to death by her tight grip around me. And that was how the first part of the party went by, with me being passed around from person to person and nearly dying in their tight chokeholds.

While some had only hugged me and smiled at me before pulling away, other, more familiar faces had talked to me some more. Throughout all of this, Eric and Mandy had stayed close by my side, something I deeply appreciated. When I had pretty much talked to everyone who remembered me from the pack, Eric took over again, putting his arms around my shoulders.

Guiding me over to where the food was set up, he smiled at me with a twinkle in his eyes. "Fancy some food Miss?" He asked jokingly. Laughing at his antics, I nodded. "I sure would appreciate something home-cooked." I grabbed the plate he was holding out to me, and looked over all the options.

"Aunt Lara hasn't changed one bit has she?" I asked Eric, already aware of his answer. "Nope. Still cooks enough to feed an army, still isn't afraid to put everyone in check, and she still gets overbearing when she wants to," his deadpan voice and answer made me laugh, especially because I knew it all to be true.