ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #1

Somewhere in Gokayama, a slightly cold autumn season made golden leaves fall from a bold tree, and the wind blew those leaves to spread them as far as they could, leaving no regret for the tree to gaze at them. It made him weak inside, feeling that he used to be cherished by them, but it was also not necessary for the tree too because they knew their pain is temporary.

Emika was in her mother's arms, waiting for her father to arrive home.

"Mom, are we leaving Gokayama soon?" A pretty raven-haired Emika Strauss asked with a cute face.

A blonde woman named Diana Strauss looked at her and smiled, "Yeah, sweetheart, we will move by the train tomorrow morning," her mother replied.

She frowned, looking up at her, "I am gonna miss this city a lot..." Emika said sadly.

"I know we all do, Emika," Diana began stroking her hair gently. "But we have to leave this city and go to a place where we can live happily, have a good life with new rules and regulations, and a prosperous life that everyone wants. Emika, you will have a better school, and you can make friends there." She said to cheer her daughter.

"Hmm," Emika muttered slowly to herself, having a good hope that her mother gave.

The door opened, and an undercut brown-haired man named Mike Strauss entered the room with a warm smile for both of them, "Hello! What's popping?" He said and looked at Emika, waving to her.

"Dad!" She ran and hugged her beloved father's leg.

"Emika." That's all he could say to his sweet daughter.

"Where have you been, Dad?" She looked at him and asked impatiently.

"Oh." He put his hands on her head, "Dad went to buy tickets for all of us; we will leave early the next morning. I hope you are ready for that, Emika." He said.

Diana stood up and left the room to bring her husband something.

"You saying right, but Dad!"

"Yes?"

"Do we have a home there?!"

"Uhh, not yet, but yes, don't worry, we will stay at Mr. Kuchel's house for a short term until we get our own." He said and sat on a chair. "Damn! My back."

'Uncle Kuchel..." Emika wondered and came close to him, "I remembered when they visited us last winter to see you when you were sick and brought us a lot of gifts." She said and smiled.

'You will see him soon, right?" He pinched her cheeks softly, making her cutely giggle. "Now go to bed and sleep; we will gonna wake up early for the trip."

She nodded, "I will." She said, wishing him good night and then way off to her bed.