Both Alike In Dignity †

"Wake up, baby." The sweet command reaches me through the dark void of sleep and I lift my head from my desk knowing it well.

"Caleb?" I question, swiveling around in my chair to him standing behind me.

Caleb smiles, that beautiful smile, all rows of white teeth and that sparkle in his blue eyes, as I stretch getting the kink out of my neck from laying over in a slumped position for too long.

"How was your meeting?" I ask, now more awake, rolling my neck.

The image of him walking down a makeshift runway in front of a designer flashes before my eyes.

"It was good." He shrugs turning, and walks over to my bed taking a seat on the edge. For a moment, I admire how the black quarter length sleeve blazer he's wearing clings to his body and I smile. I catch his cool stare watching me in return, as he leans back on his hands that blazer stretching with him. There are no need for words, as love replaces the silence with desire. It sends my heart racing in an erratic pace, coating my skin in a searing fire that can only be in my head. Suddenly, a knock sounds at my dorm door and Caleb looks to the door to me, questioning.

"Expecting someone?" he asks, concerned.

"No," I answer, shaking my head and a persistent knock rattles at the door again.

I see the muscles clench in Caleb's jawline nervously, as a male voice on the other side of the door calls my name.

"You better go," Caleb tells me concerned.

I wake up with a start on my dorm desk.

~

"Felise!" I hear a muffled voice call through the door.

I jump up from the bed and rush to the door opening it to find my date, Garrett on the other side. He smiles, his hazel green eyes shining with kindness.

"Everything okay?" he asks.

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I drifted off," I apologize.

"It's okay," he says. "You look nice." He gestures to my dress.

"Thank you." I say, looking down at the white summer dress covering my body. "You too." I look over the casual khaki blazer he's wearing over a white dress shirt and remember Caleb in his. Immediately, I drop the thought returning to Garrett.

"Thank you." He smiles, his hazel green eyes shining with gratitude. "You ready?"

"Yeah." I jump, grabbing my purse off the dresser beside the door and step out in to the hallway.