missed calls

"A dream...about me?" George said slowly trying not to freak Dream out that he had heard their whole conversion.
"God dammit" Dream said again with exhaust
"No Dream you don't have to explain yourself, We can just drop it"
Dream felt relaxed when George said that. Dream smiled.
"No, George i guess i should tell you"
"Clay it's really fine you don't have to"
"Are you sure, i think if i tell you i'll get out of my mood"
"Whatever you're comfortable with"
Dream smiled again.
"Well i woke up in this park, it was completely empty. Except you...you were there-under a cedar tree. You seemed so relaxed, and you invited me to come sit with you". Dream saw George turned on his Camera and he was sitting at his desk with a smile on his face, he looked genuinely happy to hear Dreams story. Dream hesitated to speak again, he was admiring him. George's smile left his face
"Dream? You there"
"Oh sorry, yeah, anyways, i sat down next to you and we just sat there for awhile". Dream started regretting telling George the story. He had to bring up the fact that George wanted to be just friends, implying Dream didn't.
"And uh...Then you started talking about uh"
Dream started playing with his hoodie strings. He got distracted and he didn't want to continue with his story.
"You asked about us"
"us?" George said confused, he saw George's face turn red and he tried hiding it. Dream let out a slight laugh hoping George wouldn't hear it.
"Yeah, us" Dream whispered
"What about us?" George whispered back
"Our friendship, since we flirt a lot you just made it clear we were strictly friends"
Dream said really fast trying not to dwell on that topic, and hoping George wouldn't hear him if he said it quick enough.
"Well we are just friends aren't we?" George said hesitantly. Dream felt tears surfacing. Those words George just said felt like a stab in the heart. The only thing he didn't want was for his dream to become reality, but his dream had just turned to reality.
He's glad he never turned his camera on, not like he ever does turn on his camera anyways. He faced his ceiling trying to hold the tears back
"Yeah, no of course-were just friends" Dream said with pain in his voice.
"Yeah...Well. Never mind"
Dream got upset, he didn't want to force George to say what he was going to say but he desperately wanted to hear more from him, hoping it would be good news.
George started looking around his room to avoid looking at the screen. "Hey George i think i'm going to go talk to Sapnap, he's kinda mad at me"

"Yeah, go do that, bye Dream". George said with no emotion. Dream hung up the call and cried. His dream became a nightmare. George had said the words he never wanted to hear. Dream sat in his chair crying and realizing he liked his best friend.
He looked back up at his computer and saw George was still in the call, he was confused but turned away from his computer. He didn't bother wiping his tears as we walked to Sapnaps room, he knew he would cry again we he talked about it.

"Sapnap...Do you want to talk now?"

"Yeah i'm still packing but we can talk"
"I just told George about my dream" He said while looking down at the ground. Dream looked up and saw Patches laying on his bed and he walked over and laid with her.
"Well, how did it go"

"How do you think" He said while lifting his head and showing Sapnap his face full of tears. Sapnaps eyes widen, and drops the clothes he just folded and steps over his suit case to hug Dream. "Clay-its going to be okay" Sapnap said while hugging Dream and rubbing his back. Dream squeezed Sapnap and cried into his shoulder. Once Dream caught his breath he pulled away from Sapnap and apologized
"I told him about the dream and he said we are just friends"
"Well you are aren't you?" Sapnap said confused
"NO Sapnap, i-i like George, a lot"
Sapnap stood up and finished his packing.
"Well maybe you should talk to him about it". Sapnap started folding his clothes again and cleaning his room. Dream had no reason to be mad at Sapnap but he left Patches and stormed out his room, he went down the hall and back into his own room, slamming the door.
Sapnap just sighed
they need to work this out, and soon.