Chapter 9

Today is Thanksgiving and I get to go over to Ocean's house for dinner. I told them I was going to make some cinnamon rolls to bring over there. So I started to make them around 8:30 because I forgot that Matthew was coming over around 9 to check on me. So when 9 rolled around and I heard the doorbell ring. So I went to go answer it and found Matthew at the door.

"Hey Matthew."

"Hey Toothless how are you doing and what are you making?" he asked, sniffing the air.

"Come on in," I said, inviting him in. "I'm doing fine and I'm making cinnamon rolls for tonight because Ocean's family invited me over."

"Well they look good. Would you like to go for a walk with me?"

"That would be amazing. Just let me clean up a little bit." I said and started to clean up. Then Matthew came and helped me clean up so we could go faster and spend more time together. When we were done cleaning up, I got my shoes on and grabbed a jacket. We were near the end of my street and we saw someone coming up on us from the right. It was a kid from school and neither of us could figure out who it was so we turned right and when we got closer we figured out who it was. It was Emma. Neither of us liked her but we both knew she had a crush on Matthew so we tried to cross the street and she spotted us before we could.

"Hey Matthew, why are you hanging out with this weirdo?" she asked.

"Well Emma I am not hanging out with any weirdos like you. And if you are talking about Toothless here, she's not a weirdo and we are going on a walk together." he said.

"But why are you hanging out with her and why are you holding her hand?" she asked, sounding disgusted.

"Well I have one answer for both those questions and it is that she is my girlfriend and I don't care if you think she is not the brightest person in the world because I think she is. So if you will excuse us we must be on our way." As he said this, I felt myself blushing and I smiled to try to hide it.

"Before you go, can you tell me how your science project is going Matthew?"

"It's going really well. Do you know what I'm doing for it because if you don't it's okay? I believe it's going to win first prize in the fair." he said with a little hint of brangingness in his voice.

"Well I heard from that Liam kid that you have built a dragon that is life size and has cool features."

"That is exactly what I have done but there are still some modifications I need to do on it. It should be done by the time the fair comes around."

"It sounds really cool. I would love to see it sometime before then when you get finished with it. Would that be okay?"

"Yes that would be fine. How about 4 on Monday?"

"That sounds alright to me. See you guys then."

"See you then Emma." I said smiling.

When we were out of earshot Matthew asked, "Are you okay with being my science experiment because it seems that it has gotten around that you are?"

"Ya that's totally fine. I have some ideas to get Emma not to bother us anymore."

"Well okay then, just make sure you don't do anything stupid enough that it gives away who you really are."

"Alright, how is Emma going to find us exactly?"

"So here's my plan. Me and you are going to go to the woods before Emma gets to my house. We'll pick a spot for you to transform and while I go get Emma you transform so that she doesn't blame you for anything that goes on. Once I get back with her, she'll see you and ask me some questions. One of them may be if she can touch you and are you okay if I tell her she can because if it's not I'll tell her she can't."