Chapter Three: Well Then..

I kept my head on straight as I chose a doorway to follow. Door number 7 had a nice look to it, so that's the one I walked upto, unblinking.

As I step over the threshold. Blackness unvelopes my body and I'm plunged into darkness.

'Keep calm', I tell myself, working up the courage to continue walking, 'Just breathe. In. Out.'

I breathe in and out and suddenly feel much calmer. I can do this, I can do this.

Reaching out into the darkness, my fingers find the wall, moving slowly in the direction where I will, hopefully, find a door that will lead my to my freedom.

' I'll come back for you Ray Ann, I promise.'

Silently praying I made the right choice I come to a door. 'Freedom!' I assume all to quickly.

I shake the handle, but to no avail. In despair, my back slides down the wall, and I sit on the floor, my head in my hands.

"Why, me?!" I shout at the dark abyss of the hallway, "Why?!"

Heaving dryly, I stood back up in a hurry to get out of this hallway.

Feeling my way back to the origin of my exploration, I found a small crawl space that my lithe body could barely fit through. Wriggling through and winding around corners, found myself in the ventillation system of my so-called prison.

Crawling now in the less enclosed space, peering through vents, I saw multiple things.

A cafeteria.

Sleeping children in carying styles of rooms.

Tired looking kids in classrooms, or labs being tested.

The therapist, Dr. Kalski, in what I assumed to be his home away from home, watching television.

I passed my bedroom, where an exact copy of my family photo layed on my bedside table.

Holding back tears, I finally let my earlier exhaustion take over me, curling up on my side in the cold, dark vents as I slowly drifted off to dreamland.

I opened my eyes to see a bright yellow pair staring back at me. Startled, I hopped backwards, catching the full body view of the giant white wolf infront of me. Well, white minus the streak of black running from the tip of it's right ear, over the right eye, and down to the base of it's neck, where a green pendant hung.

" So good to meet face to face", the voice in my head said.

I realized, finally, it was the wolfs' words that had been put into my head.

"W-what do you want from me?" I stuttered out after a long silence, which was followed by the wolf looking me up and down. It had a male-sounding voice, therefore I decided I should call it a 'He' instead of 'It'.

'I would like to know,' he paused, ' why you are curled up in a vent, when you should be out in the world preventing disasters.'

I looked up from staring at his enormous paws. One of the claws on his left foot was missing.

"What happened to your paw? Why is one of the-" I cut myself off, hand  automatically going to the scar above my right eye that continued to my right cheekbone, barely on the outside of my eye. The scar that marred my face and reminded my everytime I looked in the mirror of my choldhood nightmare of being attacked by a giant wolf, this wolf.

"You were the one who nearly blinded me. You were the wolf in the woods" I stumbled back unbelievedly and tried to distance myself from this heinous creature.

'Yes. It was I that attacked you that day in the woods. But I had to. Otherwise They would have found you before They  finally did, last week. Well, last week in my time. Three days ago in yours.' He padded his way over to me, attempting to fold his oversized paws beneath him.

'First off, I believe I should tell you my name. It is Ultionem. You would say Vengence, but, alas, I am from a far off country known to you as Spain. To me as S'lovjhsten. I will be joining you as soon as you manage to escape. I will wait by the river', and with that he walked into the distant fog, leaving me alone to jerk awake, looking into the dark green eyes of the person shaking me awake.

A/N:

Short! I know, I know! I'm feeling guilty for not updating as often as I should. I'm not going to make excuses like most authors. I admit, I don't update as often because of sheer laziness. And lack of caffiene... But ANYWAY!  I hope you liiiike :D Vote, comment, message me ideas, who do you think is waking her up?  Haha leave me your ideas!