Epilogue/The Aftermath :)

Sodapops POV-

It has been 2 years since Dally died. (Y/n) just hasn't been the same. She wont admit it but I know shes still upset about it.

Every once in a while, I get a glimpse of that night, those 2 long years ago. The way (y/n) just walked away. It left all of us confused.

Darry told us it was just because she was so tired. Johnny said it was because she couldnt bare to look at Dal's body. Steve says she probably didn't want to cry in front of us.

No matter what was going through her head, we never figured it out. It took a few weeks but she started hanging out with us again.

... But instead of the laughing, cheerful, tuff soc, she was a withdrawn, quiet, girl... Who always looked like she had a million things on her mind.

She was actually supposed to come over today. She isn't here yet, though she didn't tell us when to expect her.

Still, with all that has happend, with Dallas... I cant help but to think... That kiss... The night before Dally died.... Did it mean anything? I've wanted to ask her about for a while but it never seemed like it was the right time.

'Today.' I told myself. 'Im going to find out. Im going to ask her, today.'

Im at hone when I hear a knock on the door. "Come in." Darry shouts from his spot in the recliner. The door opened and (y/n) slowly walked in.

"Hey." I said cheerfully with a smile. She only half smiled back, but it was fake. "Hi." She responded quietly.

'Look, shes obviously not in the mood to talk!' I told myself. 'But I have to know! Its been bothering me for 2 years!' I contemplated.

I eventually gave in. "(Y/n), can we... Um, talk outside please?" I asked shyly. She smiled a small bit, "sure".

I got up and as I did, she turned around and walked out, me following her. "What is it?" She asked softly.

'Just do it quickly... Like ripping off a bandaid.'

"Iwantedtoknowwhenyoukissedmethedaydallydiedifitmeantanything?" I muttered.

She half laughed. "What?" She questioned with a smile... A real smile. That gave me the confidence to ask again.

"When you kissed me, did it mean anything?" I shut my eyes, and prepared for the worst.

"Soda, that was two years ago." She giggled a bit.

"But I think about it everyday." I admitted.

She sighed playfully and shook her head while smiling.

"Come here." She laughed as she pulled my hand to follow her down the street. "Where are we going?" I laughed along with her.

"You'll see." She grinned.

After running down the streets and sidewalks a bit, we ended up at the DX. "Whats going on (y/n)?"  I asked.

"Just go along with it." She laughed. "Okay..." I said hesitantly. She pushed me inside the small gas station as she started to walk out.

"Just run out and say the first thing you ever said to me!" She called out as she walked over to the broken car next to the gas pump.

I smiled and walked out of the store. I walk/jogged over to where the was and motioned to the gas pump.

"Oh hi." She smiled at me.

It didnt even take me long to remember the first thing I said to her. I giggled remembering how awkward I was.
"H-hey... Im out here for... Uh, well... Um..." I said in a more confident tone compared to the first time as I motioned to the pump.

"I figured." She laughed and motioned for me to keep the conversation going.

"So uh, you from around here?" I asked.

"Actually, no. I just moved here from California a few days ago."

"Couldve guessed."

"Whats that supposed to mean?"

"A lot of good lookin gals like yourself come from California."

"Are you flirting with ne Mr. Curtis?"

"Thats what some would call it." I smirked.

"I'd say you're doing a mighty fine job of it." She teased.

"Hey, you went off the scrip-" I started but I was cut off by a soft pair of lips crashing onto mine. Golly it felt so good to kiss her again.

She pulled away monetarily. "What was that for?" I laughed a bit.

Well, ever since the day we had that conversation, I regretted not doing it... So here we are... Second chance I guess?" She laughed along with me.

"So... You did... Like me?"

She nodded her head sheepishly.

"Then why did you reject me? Why go out with Dally?!" I practically yelled.

"You dont understand. I was afraid of commitment. I knew the type of guy that Dallas was. If I were to make a mistake in the relationship it wouldnt hurt him as much as it would other guys. But time takes a toll on people... And I started to actually fall for him. I started out dating him just as practice... I guess... To see if I was good enough. It turns out, I was great at the whole relationship thing. Its him who wasnt. And I knew this. But as soon as you're in love, the mistakes start to hurt. It hury when he cheated... It hurt when he left. It hurt when he died. And I swore... That I would NEVER do sonething like that to anyone else. Does that make sense?"

"Wait... You rejected me... Because you were scared?"

"Of hurting you... Yes. But now that I know what it does to people... And now I know how to make a relationship work.... I thought I maybe could make other things work as well..." She said the last bit quietly.

I looked at the ground and kicked a rock. "I dont know..." I mumbled.

"What?" She asked, shocked.

"You still love him... Dont you?" I quietly asked.

She said nothing... Just looked at the ground and nodded slightly. "'But... Life doesn't stop just because somebody dies.'" I looked back up at her realizing she had just quoted Darry. I smiled warmly and she giggled.

"You're right. It doesnt." I replied.

"Can we try to make this work?... I mean, I know I havent probably been the best in the past but I promise I'll try harder..." She pleaded.

I cupped her face with my hand. "You dont have to. You're perfect." I smiled.

She blushed and kissed me again.

We startrd to make our way back to the Curtis house to tell everyone the good news.

A/n- sorry if this was a bit wordy or too long but I just dont want this story to end haha. I have one more idea for a scene that happens after this but I promise I'll try to wrap it up. I know I shouldnt be lingering on Soda when this is really a Dally story. Thats my bad guys lol. Ill see ya later peepz.