•|1|•

This story is based on Margaret's point of view!

I was sitting on my bed re-evaluating my decisions in life,should I go back to Y/n,should I live in a lie to the public or should I be happy.
I was so confused on what to do with myself,I loved Y/n with all my heart but I couldn't put her through that pain.

It was the 6th of September 1981 when I got the call,they had told me that Y/n had passed away.
All I could do was blame myself,that night I drank and smoked the night away,it was my fault I shouldn't have left her.

So I rushed to my private secretary straight away and told him to book me a ticket back to the uk.

He said "your royal highness,I don't think that's a good idea,the media is picking your relationship apart right now!".

I said "I don't care,she was my love,SHE IS MY LOVE,so if you can't help me you're fired!".

He said "no sorry ma'am I'll get your jet ready!".

I wasn't taking no for an answer and I had to go back immediately!

I went back to my room where I opened another bottle of the finest liquor I had and drank myself to sleep.

I woke up the next day to bangs on my door,I shouted "WHAT!".
My private secretary shouted back "it's me ma'am,the jet is ready for 12:00 sharp!".
I quickly jumped up and made myself look presentable.

12:00pm

The jet was ready for me and in no time the press gathered around which only made me more anxious.
I boarded the plane without stopping to wave like I normally did.
I sat right at the back with a bottle of grouse whiskey and a cigarette,the whole trip back to the uk I smoked and drank like there was no tomorrow!

Later

The plane had landed and I looked out the window
And just swarms and swarms of paparazzi came running like a rat up a drainpipe!

I stepped out the car to a blizzard of flashes it almost blinded me I had never experienced such an atmosphere of disgust and disapproval from the nation like I did now.
Being a homosexual was such a frowned pain thing in general and one can only imagine what it's like being part of a royal family and being a homosexual!

The chauffeur opened the car door for me and I got in the car,I just sat there in tears as abuse was being shouted at me from all angles.

Buckingham palace!

As the gates opened dread came upon me and it was horrid,I couldn't imagine what the queen was about to say...well I was about to find out!

I made my way Into the common room where they were all standing.

Compassion on their faces...NONE!
Sadness in their hearts...NONE!

They just sort of stood there in shame.
I broke the awkward silence and said "I need a drink!".
My sister looked at me and tilted her head "oh no Margo...please don't!".
I lit myself a cigarette and cried until my heart was content and said "why not because of you my loves dead!".
Charles butted in and said "how so Margaret mummy didn't force those wretched pills down her throat?".
I laughed "oh don't even get me started on you Charles,you're a poor excuse for a man and an even poorer excuse for future king!".
Charles' face lit up with rage "how do you work that one out?".
I said "your own wife is starting too loath you but who could blame her when your still going about with a certain Mrs Parker-Bowles!".
Diana looked over at Charles with a sad expression.
Then Charles burst out with rage and started shouting "IM SO GLAD WE CAME TO THE DISCUSSION TO STRIP YOU OF ALL ROYAL DUTIES!".
I laughed "oh 'we' who's 'we'?".
Charles pointed at me "well let's see...the one who brought up the conversation was of course the lovely duke of Edinburgh but we wouldn't expect any less".

I took a sip of my drink and laughed,I threw the glass on the floor and stormed out.
I went down to my chambers into my room where I shut the door behind me.
I went over to the drinks trolly and just smashed them all over the floor.

And then the door opened as the door opened I threw a bottle at it and shouted "GO AWAY!".
Then Diana's little face peered through.
I said "what?".
She smiled and sat on my bed she said "come here Margo!"
Without a second thought I sat next to her,I leant Into her chest and cried and cried.
I said "why Diana,why would she leave me?".
Diana started to cry "I don't know Margo,you can't blame yourself!".
She added "if anything you should learn from this experience,you were so good together but let's face it Margo it wasn't going to end well regardless!".
I nodded "yeah I get what your saying but Di she was the love of my life!".
She just hugged me so tight and it made me so reassured.
Diana said "as an outcast myself I understood where she was coming from,it's always the family and Diana so for her it must have been hell on earth!".

I said "thank you Diana!".
The hug broke up and I laid back on my bed and said "I'm going to sleep for a while Diana If that's alright?".
Diana nodded and walked out bowing at me.
I slowly drifted off.