The reason why the lake district is a foodie's paradise

England is a beautiful place and has a lot of county's with beautiful meadows and pastures, monuments and cathedrals to visit and make your getaway a memorable and savory one. Be it Lake district, Cumbria, Lancashire or any other county for that reason. Here is a run down some recipes and menu you would find in the few beautiful county's of England.

Lake District – This is the land of the poets, the land of William Wordsworth. It's also known as the lake land for a reason because it is known to have the deepest and the longest lakes in the country. This is the place for people who love peace and solace of the woods. Almost complete Lake district is located inside the Lake District National Park and has a variety of restaurants and food joints that not only offer the best food but tin tank the best views also. This place has four Michelin star restaurants. The reason why the lake district is a foodie's paradise is that the food here is cooked up using the fresh local ingredients, more or less organic. Few of the most popular recipes from this beautiful land of lakes are:

Damsons – This is a fruit and belongs to the plum family and has a unique flavor which most people simply love. This fruit finds its use in gin, pies, wines, breads, chocolates, jams and even beer.

Herdwick Lamb – If you wish to enjoy this recipe to the fullest, then January to May is the true time. Herdwick lambs meat is very sweet and full of flavor, the reason being that these lambs grow gradually because of the Harsh Lake District climate.

Cumberland Sausage- This sausage comes in a rolled up foil and is made up of rough cut pork mixed together with spices like pepper and herbs as well. It is sold on length and weight basis.

Grasmere Gingerbread – This is another highly popular recipe in The Lake district. A secret recipe from the Grasmere village, this recipe is somewhere between a biscuit and cake, not exactly a bread, not exactly a cake. It is crispy and crunchy and is savored by the tourists as well as the local people.

Cumbria – Better known as the third largest ceremonial county of England, Cumbria is another desirable destination for the foodies. This place is an amalgamation of delectable delicacies and stunning scenic beauty. It is a popular tourist destination because of the most amazing natural beauty it beholds which is said to be an inspiration of many legendary artists and musicians. Lake District is a part of Cumbria and most of Cumbria's beautiful locations are nestled in the Lake District. Though there are many different historic monuments to visit too while in Cumbria which include the famous world heritage site Hadrian's Wall, Furness Abbey, Carlisle Castle and more. There are umpteen restaurants in Cumbria which serve some of the best recipes.