𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

PROLOGUE

THE most astonishing moment I have ever came to experience in my life, is having to perform while it rained. In my own point of view, rain symbolises peace, blessings and happiness so as I performed live on stage, with the rain raining down on me, I felt like I was receiving showers of blessings from God. It was the second week of the BETTER LEFT UNSAID TOUR and I was ecstatic beyond measure. Interacting with my supporters has always been my favourite thing to do, hence I was big on meet-and-greets.

The moment I finished my thirty minutes performance, my security detail escorted me and Tayson Summers to the audience for the autograph signing session that only lasted for about 20 minutes before Tayson Summers was called on stage to perform while I was assigned to return backstage for outfit changes.

I was just about to return to my dressing room when I felt someone tap my shoulder from behind and, I quickly turned to pay whoever it was my attention. It was one of my supporters. I sent a polite smile his way and, " Hey, can I help you? ", I questioned.

" Harmony, can I talk to you for a minute? ", he asked and I quickly flicked my eyes towards my wrist to take a quick glance and my watch to make sure I had time for him. I still had 25 minutes to spare before I went back on stage to close the show so, " I think I can spare five minutes for you, what's up? ", I smiled.

" Nhlakanipho ", he introduced himself with his hand reaching out for mine, for a handshake, in which I gladly accepted. " Uhm, Harmony, I don't want to come off as forward or anything but I'd like to let you know how much of an inspiration you are to me. It has always been a dream of my mine to share the stage with you someday, and... "

" You are an artist? ", I politely cut him short and, " A rapper and singer, I can sing a verse for one of my songs if you don't mind? ", he offered. I looked at my watch worriedly, not wanting to be delayed but I took interest in what Nhlakanipho said so I ended up giving him a go ahead, letting him singing a verse to one of his originals.

❝ Girl my mood changed when you walked through door,
Before you came it tears on the floor,
Girl, you so perfect, I think that its workin'
You gave me your love, now I really want more
Girl, you so different, apart from the rest
Cool, I dropped out, I don't really take tests
You gave me your love, I'm addicted like drugs
Girl, I think you the plug, you the one with the best
You did me wrong, you did me wrong
Girl, you did me wrong, you did me wrong
You did me wrong, oh, oh, ayy.

He rapped a verse and sang the chorus.

The moment he started singing, I was immediately enticed by his voice. It was so raw yet it sounded so amazing and let's not even mention his lyrical skills, he was really good at this. " Okay look, Nhlakanipho right? ", he nodded at the fact that I got his name right and, " I won't lie, you are an amazing singer bit right now I really need to get ready to close off this show but tell you what... ", I reached in the denim jacket I was wearing and took out a business card with the address to the label I'm signed under written on along with my phone number and, " Please come to that address tomorrow, I'll introduce you to my manager and we'll talk more ", I said as I slowly started to walk away from him and, " Thank you so much ", he thanked me before walking away from him.

I hurriedly headed backstage and barged in my dressing room, found my stylist already waiting for me. " Let's get you dressed up ", she said as she handed over my outfit to me. I changed into a pair of torn boyfriend jeans with a black bandeau top with black and white Alexander McQueen sneakers and untied my hair, combing it down. I toned down my make up, opting to just go natural and apply my clear lipgloss. My stylist helped me with putting on my in-ear monitor just a second before my manager walked in my dressing room and, " Come on, you are on in five ", he said.

I rushed out of the room and followed him, waiting just behind the curtain waiting for Tayson to come off stage and for me to be called back on. Tayson wrapped up his performance and when he walked backstage, towards me, we shared a brief hug before I was handed over my microphone, counted down and then my performance started.

Playing cool makes me lose my mind
I can't be someone I don't recognize
I'm not the type to have to say it twice
Or wait for you 'til the end of the night.

I started singing a second before I walked on stage.

I've been falling fast and you don't seem to move
But is it worse for me
If I tell the truth?
And are you just a poison that I shouldn't use?
Wish I could say to you
What I can't say to you.

The minute I walked into the middle of the stage, the spotlight and cameras landed on me and immediately when the supporters landed their eyes on me, they erupted into full blown cheers, some of them chanting my name and just screaming loudly. Hearing them cheer like that just brought a feeling of happiness and fulfilment to me, I lived for moments like this.

We could take it slower
Wait until we're older
But I might be somebody
You might not even know her
I'm going through changes
It's a roller-coaster
But I might be somebody
You might not even know her.

I broke into the chorus as Maddie and Taylor, my back up dancers, joined me on stage and we broke into the choreography, making the fans scream louder than they were before. They sang along to the chorus with me and danced along until I wrapped up the song and then moved on to perform THINGS and THAT WAY, respectively before wrapping up the show completely.

Thirty minutes after the show, everything was completely wrapped up and the fans have already left the venue so bidded goodbye to all my friends and acquaintances. My mother and I drove back home, briefly updating each other about how our day turned out for each other.

Arriving at home, I took a relaxing hour bath before settling into my pajamas and after dinner, I called my older brother Logan, who was currently in London pursuing his Law degree, to update him about my tour. After wrapping up the call, I headed to bed. It was indeed a long day, I needed some rest.

✿ ೃ࿔✿ ೃ࿔✿

The songs used in this chapter are originally by Luh Kel and Tate McRae.

Wrong, LUH KEL.
Slower, TATE MCRAE.