Prologue

POV-Wolfe'Gang

I take in a deep breath, ready for another blow from my father. Right now I'm sitting with my back against the wall and my legs in front of me and a blank expression. He doesn't like a reaction, it makes him mad. So after the punch to my stomach comes, I just breath. No wincing or gasping, just breathing. I take many deep breaths but that's the only thing my dad is okay with, unless he's really mad. Like now....

"Another school, Wolfe'Gang! How'd you do it this time? Stabbed a kid!" he shouts and kicks me in the ribs. I hold in a cry of pain by biting my lip so hard I taste blood. Instead tears start to slowly leak from my eyes.

"Don't you dare cry!" he yells in my face then back hands me across the cheek.

"I'm sorry," I say quietly.

"What was that?" he asks.

"I said I'm sorry!" I say louder. He kicks me in the chest this time and I fall over, clutching my chest, trying to get the air back in me. But of course he doesn't like reaction and he begins kicking me more. Then he pulls out his pocket knife and begins cutting me. But they're small cuts, just enough to cause pain. I hold in yells and I try to hold back my tears as well.

"Now you need a new school. We've had to move for you to go to school! The only reason you go is because its against the law other wise!" he screams and slashes my bare chest. He always makes me take off my shirt. "For easier access," he always says.

After twenty more minutes, he's finished and goes to watch TV. I just lay on the ground, breathing. Until eventually I pass out.