ⅹⅹⅶ. edward's in italy

"So," Alice said, raising her brow expectantly.

The trio took a quick walk into the woods behind Bella's house. And Paul hadn't let go of Diana, who hadn't dropped her smile. Alice was beyond happy to see her friend like this, she knew that Diana deserved everything that was coming for her.

"So what?" Diana asked, raising her brow in mock of the pixie before her.

"So, how's it going? What is going? I need the details!"

Diana laughed and looked to Paul, who looked slightly uncomfortable. He looked down to her and smiled, instantly better.

"Nevermind, I can see it's going perfectly," Alice chuckled.

Diana looked to her friend and smirked knowingly, "How's Jasper?"

Alice smiled sadly, "Feeling regretful, he thinks it's his fault Edward left. He hasn't forgiven himself for Bella's birthday party."

Diana looked at Paul, feeling his blood thrumming through him, "I know the feeling," she muttered.

Paul shook his head, "For the last time, if Bella were a werewolf things would've been different, and if you ever even think of leaving me I swear I will chain you to the bed." He tightened his grip on her waist, and stared hard at Alice, mentally pleading she'd agree with him. She did.

"I'd help him," Alice nodded at him in acknowledgment.

Paul instantly lightened up, "You know what, shorty? I think we'll get along just fine."

Alice chuckled, and nodded at Diana who turned and hugged Paul. There was a comfortable moment of silence, then Alice's smile dropped and her gaze turned foggy.

"What's up with her?" Paul asked.

Diana turned and saw the state Alice was in. Her smile dropped from her face, "She's having a vision."

There was a long moment of silence as Diana waited anxiously, hoping for the best. She remembered sitting in the truck, not two hours ago, feeling the pit of anxiety in her stomach. Now it was worsening, and every moment Alice spent gazing into nothing, it got even worse.

Paul could tell that something was very wrong. Diana had gotten quiet, hugging herself and rubbing her arms as she waited for Alice to come back to reality. Paul wished there was something he could say, something he could do, that would assure her she'd be ok, that would assure her she'd always have him.

Alice blinked a couple times, clearing the fog in her amber eyes. She looked up at Diana and shook her head, worrying clouding her features, "It's Edward."

Diana didn't need to hear anything else, the trio rushed back to the house, in time to hear Jacob muttering angrily.

"Filthy bloodsucker."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Diana asked angrily, as Alice and Paul came in behind her. She knew Jacob had a hard time accepting her, but that was a hard thing for her to hear coming from him.

"You're brother has impeccable timing," he seethed.

Diana's eyes widened, "Edward?"

"That was Edward!?" Bella screeched, "Why didn't you let me speak to him?"

"He didn't ask for you!"

"What did he say? What did you say to him?" Bella yelled, her breathing ragged. Diana, who didn't want the girl to have a panic attack, pulled her away from Jacob, who looked angry enough to break the house.

"Bella, we have to go." Alice said, breaking the tense silence.

Bella looked up with wide eyes, "What happened?"