Chapter 13 - Country Style Dates.

Harry's POV

I watched as Kristy stirred her straw in her ice tea and smiled shyly up at me.

A smirk found it's way to my lips as she tucked her perfectly straightened hair behind her ear, I loved that her normal confidence was gone when she was around me.

It was like she was melting at just the smallest of touches from me.

"Thank you for dinner Harry." She whispered as she wiggled her fingers that were still locked with my hand.

I could easily tell why she was so shy and nervous.

We had dinner at my place while no one else was home, but I still had a few tricks up my sleeve.

"Are you ready for part two of the night?" I asked and her eyes widened.

"P-part two?" She stuttered and the look in her eyes grew more terrified.

"We're going on an adventure." I stated with a smile and she relaxed as she saw me pick up my car keys.

I gripped her hand again and lead her outside to my car, she had a smile on her face all night and I was so proud to know that I was the reason for that beautiful smile.

"Where are we going?" She questioned as I leaned over and took the seatbelt out of her hand before doing it up for her.

"It's a surprise." I winked then started the car.

She was quiet after that and I pushed my luck by placing my hand on her thigh which she surprised me by not pushing off, rather she placed her hand on top of mine.

The drive was short and as soon as we parked I could see Kristy's eyes little up like a little kids would.

"I love this place!" She squealed while squeezing my hand and I laughed quietly.

I brought her to an old school type of country bar. It had folk dancing and sometimes you even got free cowboy hats. It was very western.

"My mom owns this place." I admitted a little less confident than usual and she turned away from the flashing lights to look at me.

"I know, I know. She's not a fancy lawyer like your parents but she does pretty well with this place."

I didn't mean to sound like a dick, but it's just that Kristy's parents did so well and what she didn't know was that a lot of the school was jealous of how rich she was even if she tried hard not to show off her families success.

"Are you kidding Harry? I think this is way cooler!" She beamed and made me smile too.

She swallowed hard and looked down like she had just remembered something.

"Are you okay?" I asked while lifting her chin so she was looking into my eyes again.

"It's just that my dad use to take me here all the time when I was younger but then he started to get busy all the time and the last memory I had in there was when he was on the phone with my mom fighting and they broke up for a whole year before they ended up together again."

She looked down again and suddenly I felt like a huge dick for labeling her family as the typical white rich people I thought they were.

I know what she's feeling, I was completely heartbroken when my dad left and even though her parents got back together I'm sure that must of been hard on her.

"Well, what do you say about going in there and making some new memories?"

She smiled slightly and leaned over to leave a soft kiss on my cheek.